Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member from Minnesota!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member from Minnesota!

Hey guys and gals! My name is Bryan. I have been following this site for awhile and just paid for the membership. Currently, I use a 18 inch WSM and have had it going on four years now. I chose this smoker for two reasons. One, I really like the charcoal flavor! Before this purchase, I would smoke on my Weber grill but wanted something bigger since I buy most of the meat I use from Costco (can't go wrong with there Prime briskets!). The other reason was of course the price. My friends have pellet grills, but the flavor just isn't the same. The only issue is you have to monitor the temp without mods. Looking forward to the Weber SmokeFire review! But I still really love the charcoal! I like to use cherry and apple wood on pork. I use chips, not soaked in water.

I attached some photos of the pork loin backribs I did tonight. I'm always experimenting with different rubs and techniques but always end up going back to a modified version of Oklahoma Joe's meat rub (which I use for both pork and beef). I'm always sharing meat with my neighbors and asking them to give me an honest opinion. I never tell them which rub it is but they always say Oklahoma Joe's is the best. Tonight, I tired three different rubs as you can see from the photos.

I have been following Franklin BBQ as well. That one always looks the best! It's pretty good too. I am headed to Austin TX this week to try his BBQ in person! Can't wait. I'm hoping he will be there and maybe even get a tour? I know he's a busy guy these days so we'll see what happens (fingers crossed!). Have any of you guys been there?

Anyhow, that's my intro. Thanks for reading!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Big Bs BBQ; December 30, 2019, 09:52 PM.

Welcome! Great looking ribs. I’m jealous you’re going to Franklin Bbq, I’d love to go there!

Comment

Thanks! I'll post some photos here next week.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland.

Comment

• Big Bs BBQ
          Big Bs BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Donw!

Welcome to The Pit Bryan. Just ask when you pay for your food and they will tell you what to do for a tour. He Aaron was there when I went. Good luck.

Comment

• Big Bs BBQ
          Big Bs BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish I could go there at 2am and work for free just to experience the whole thing! Thanks for the tip!

Welcome from central FL.

Comment

• Big Bs BBQ
          Big Bs BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Redwng!

Welcome from Colorado, Bryan ...

Comment

• Big Bs BBQ
          Big Bs BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks MBMorgan!

Welcome. We've got a fair number of people from Minnesota on the boards. I'm in Maple Grove.

Comment

• Big Bs BBQ
          Big Bs BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice! We're a stones throw away from Maple Grove!

Nice job BBQing in the snow storm we had today!

Comment

• Big Bs BBQ
          Big Bs BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Had to pull the smoker into the garage. Surprisingly, it held temp though. Not bad for 28 degrees.

Welcome from Chico, Ca!

Comment

• Big Bs BBQ
          Big Bs BBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks tbob4!

Here are a few more photos from this year.
        Attached Files

Comment

Welcome from southern Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
            Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here