Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Eureka, Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Eureka, Missouri

Hi everybody,
    codewritinfool here, and it's an honor to be here. I've been smoking meats for about 2 years now, mainly on my homemade electric flowerpot smoker and finishing in the oven, but lately I've been experimenting with my Weber to do larger items. I've been wanting to get the Smokenator for it, but I'd also like a bigger smoker. I also have a gas grill and another charcoal cooker that someone modified. I can't help but collect cookers that others throw away in an attempt to make my setup better. I'm happy so far with the meals I've made, but I consider myself a beginner and have a ton to learn!

I write code for embedded systems, mostly C and assembly. I also design hardware; pretty much anything. In my spare time I also brew beer (all grain) and can be often found on The Brewing Network.

My wife and I live in Eureka, MO, home of Super Smokers BBQ.

Greeting cwf, Glad to have you.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit, codewritinfool ! Thank you for the support. You sound like you'll fit in nicely!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Glad to have you, and glad YOU are the one writing all that embedded stuff and NOT me.

Comment

Welcome Code. You can produce really good stuff with the Smokenator but having a dedicated smoker is really nice.

Comment

Smokenator would be a fine addition to your culinary tool bag. I have had mine about 1-1/2yr and use it regularly. Great to take on the road when the smoker is not an option.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here