Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the Forum, Starting my homework

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the Forum, Starting my homework

Well I have been a fan of AmazingRibs.com for several years. I refer people to it as the compendium of all things BBQ.

I have been cooking for a long time and really started to love cooking BBQ about 10 years ago, 20 if you count cooking on a rock as a Boy Scout. I am 6'5" 270 and am #2 of 4 brothers. We learned to cook young because mom and dad had to both work to feed 4 boys our size.

Currently I work as a police officer for my city and am also a trained paramedic and work for our local hospital as well. I have a BBQ grill, but, my wife created a monster when she bought me a smoker for Christmas. I have a Smoke Hollow 44 in smoker with a Smoke Daddy smoke generator. I have loved the depth to the flavor of my cooking that a real smoker is able to create. I am out smoking something most every weekend and love to share with friends and family. I will post some picture soon, next homework assignment.

My favorite thing to cook is ribs, but I have loved making my own bacon(AmazingRibs.com style), pulled pork, and spatchcocked chicken.

My influences in cooking are my dad who was always trying something new and introducing us to new cuisines, Alton Brown for his breakdown of Good Eats, and Meathead Goldwyn for this site and all the great information it contains.

Welcome from another large man, I too am 6'5", but only 230. Good to have another oaf on the forum!

Comment

Welcome Ken! Glad to have you here. I guess I don't need to give you the homework assignment then eh? If you want me to send it to you just holler. Look forward to more from you.

Comment

Welcome, though I think you meant to sign up here

Comment

Welcome BK! Welcome to The Pit! We're glad you're here. Pics of your cooks... that's what we want.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
            Welcome BK! Welcome to The Pit! We're glad you're here. Pics of your cooks... that's what we want.

That and we want you to have our back if someone tries to pick a fight with us. :-)

Comment

Hey there Ken, Welcome.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here