Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greeting and Salutations from the Bayou State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greeting and Salutations from the Bayou State

My name is Ned Richard. I am Louisiana native where food is king but where great commercially obtained BBQ is very hard to find. I grew up in Lake Charles, and I have lived in Baton Rouge and Sheveport for around 8 years combined. Currently I resided back in Lake Charles. Thus far the best BBQ I have had in Louisana is at Grayson's in Clarence, LA (near Natchitoches, LA). Although they are different styles, Grayson's rivaled the likes of J. Mueller's in Austin, TX. I am avid BBQ and grilling enthusiast and I am here to grow my knowledge and share ideas.

A little bit about my background, I have a Wildlife and Fisheries Management degree (B.S.) and I am currently pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.S.). I have been working professionally in the Environmental field for 11 years. I have done water quality assessment, regulatory compliance and technical advisement.

When I am not up to my ears in my undergraduate studies, I love to smoke, BBQ, and grill. I enjoy traveling just for the sake of trying different styles of BBQ. I have been to a few places in Texas (as previously mentionted J. Mueller's, Austin, TX) as well as Mississippi and Alabama. Although my travels are in BBQ tasting adventures are limited I have to say that so far Texas is the tops. I am excited about getting to Memphis, Georgia, and the Carolinas. Any other suggestions are welcomed!

Another hobby of mine aside from the world of BBQing is homebrewing. I have been homebrewing for about 8 years now. Nothing better than enjoying a good homebrew while tending the fire. I am strongly considering designing my own homebrew system or a smoker as my senior project. Well that is if my advising professor will sign off on it. LOL.

Let the fun begin!!

Hello Ned. Welcome to the Pit. Looking forward to some pics of your cooks and such.

Comment

Welcome, you remind me of something I need to add to my signature that I have and you don't

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't think LSU has done too well with the boot in recent years.

Hey Breaux! I passed through Lake Charles Sunday afternoon, en route to the hospital in Lafayette, and back later that night.

Had an 18 wheeler on I-10 turned on it's side Sunday night.

I went to McNeese '94-98. Animal Science. Worked for Mosquito Control in Lake Charles for 16 months, then moved to east Texas in August 2001.

Be headed to Abbeville one weekend next month.

Welcome and thanks for the support...Mr. "Low and Slow"

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here