Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Downers Grove IL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Downers Grove IL.

Hello fellow pit masters, my name is Mike but you guys can call me Grif. I have been grilling, smoking, and cooking outdoors since I was pretty much a kid! Super glad I found this site, best one I have seen yet. I currently own a Weber performer, char griller, Backwoods G2 Fatboy, Lodge cast iron hibachi, and just ordered a Pitmaker Vault. Hoping to do a few more amateur comps this year and hone my BBQ skills!!

Sounds like quite the collection! I just almost moved up to Downers Grove myself, I worked for Sara Lee while they were still out there.

Comment

• grif054
      grif054 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I remember Sara Lee well. Yes, some people collect cars, motorcycles, baseball cards. My thing is the grills. LOL.

How's it going grif054 , welcome to The Pit! Nice set of cookers there, you're ready for whatever meat can throw at you! What's your fav thing to cook, and what's your least favorite/most challenging?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Hello grif. Welcome

Comment

Thank you everyone. My favorite thing to cook is still probably baby backs. I like to do the 1.5 lb. and downs. They are a little more uniform in size and shape from end to end. Not as much meat but it think they are better quality. My least favorite thing is going to be brisket. I don't know if least favorite is fair to say because I still love working at making it better. Not a big fan of cooking hot dogs for kids that complain that there are black marks on them and then load them up with ketchup. Remember, I am from Chicago and that's a no no... LOL

Comment

Hello everyone and thank you. I still love to cook baby back ribs. I like to do the 1.5 lb and downs. They seem to be a little more uniform form end to end and a little better product to work with. I don't know if I would say I least like cooking brisket, but for me it is the most challenging. I still like to try and cook it better each time though. Also, I don't like cooking hot dogs for kids that complain that there are "black lines" on them, then load them up with ketchup. Remember, I am from Chicago and that is a no no.. LOL

Comment

Welcome Grif! We're glad you're here. I'm a fan of Baby Backs myself. I've got two racks that are slathered with mustard/memphis dust and are about to go in my Weber One Touch Premium.

Comment

Welcome Grif! I also am a baby back fan (my mother-in-law is a baby back fanatic!). I got a great deal $2.59/lb on them a few weeks ago and I picked up 3 slabs and tossed them in the freezer.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here