Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings From Atlanta, GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings From Atlanta, GA

My name is Gerald and I've been a student pupil of this site for a couple of years now. I've turned a lot of people on to it as well and just figured it was time for me to pony up, considering how much I've already benefited.
    About 3 years ago, I had a Weber gas grill and a Weber Kettle, and thought I was set for life. Out of the blue, I was given a BGE by the wife and kids and have become all things BBQ since, not to mention truly high heat grilling (i.e. steak, pizza).

I really enjoy and appreciate the science backed research you guys do, especially the Myth Busting, which has resulted in several "interesting discussions" with people who cling to the old myths.

Anyway, I'm happy to be here and hope to have something worthwhile to contribute once in a while!

Welcome, I did some time up near Athens myself, which has me craving some Varsity right now...

Comment

Nice to meet you Gerald. I just joined today and, like you, I hope to learn from others on this forum.
      Richard

Comment

Welcome! I love my BGE, too! I just got a Kamodo Joe Jr. An noticed it cooks faster and can cook meat for 4. It also can do a large Boston Butt. I've been experimenting with reverse sear.

Comment

Welcome Gerald. You are really going to like it here.

Comment

Welcome gbt01 ! Glad to have you here. Such a nice family, giving you a BGE. I've been hinting I'd like a Primo Oval XL and so far no dice....you should tell us how you got that to happen!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Hi there Gerald.

Comment

Hi Gerald,

Glad you're here, and that you've got a really good setup. I bought a 22.5 Weber OTS last Sept. Been using the gasser for 13 years and was completely clueless about charcoal until I discovered this site. Yep, everyone here has been a lifesaver for me!

Smokin' (2) 6 lb Hams and (1) 2 lb Turkey Ham ( for the boss! ) tomorrow. Couldn't do it without the recipe and techniques from this site.

Don't forget the Cookin' Log!

--Ed (in Canton, GA - home of the lovely I-575)

Comment

Welcome Gerald. You can learn a LOT from the people on this site. I can't stress this enough: Do NOT hesitate to solicit tips and advice in the Pit. I have done so on several occasions and it always turned out beneficial.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here