I've been following and advocating this site for several years now. There is not a week that goes by that I'm not telling someone about or directing them to this site for equipment reviews or recipes. I am excited about being a member of the community. I was born and raised in the South not terribly far from where Meathead hails from. I don't have a fancy grill or smoker (yet), been making do with an old Sunbeam gas grill that my folks bought for my wife and I as a housewarming gift 15 years ago. This site has taught me to use thermometers like a doctor uses a stethoscope--they sure take the guess work out of producing outstanding meals time-after-time. I'm able to do some light smoking on the old grill and there's nothing like a slab of slow-cooked ribs. I appreciate the way we did things in the South: pressure cooking, canning, sausage making, and making tasty meals out of what was then, cheap ingredients (because we had to). I, like most folks that use a BBQ grill, thought I was pretty decent at making some good meals. This site has made me realize that I was a small fish in a big pond. I still have a very long way to go, but it sure is nice to be able to sit and talk with professional BBQ folks and talk about the "stall," maillard reaction, and reverse sear. Hoping to get enough pennies saved up to upgrade my equipment. For a long time I thought that I wanted to get the Weber EP330, but I believe that the Rec Tec may prove to be the big purchase. Looking forward to many more years of association with this site and the fine folks who subscribe to it. When I get some time, I will make an attempt at a better signature and photo. Cheers!