Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Elmira, OR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Elmira, OR

Hello all! I did a lot of research, mostly using this website, and purchased my husband, Mike, a Green Mountain Grill Daniel Boone a few months ago. In reality, I've used it mostly. :-) We are both new to grilling and smoking but are loving the new tastes and exploring the how-to's of using the new grill.

We have a motorhome that we camp in at least once a month, but starting this month we'll be in it 2-3 weekends a month until September. Since getting the GMG we haven't touched our propane grill at home and just used our Webber Q in the motorhome a few weeks ago and disliked the taste of everything we cooked. I see the GMG Davy Crockett as an additional grill in the very near future! Our absolute favorite go-to meal on the grill is homemade pizza on our Emile Henry glazed pizza stones. Amazing!

I work as a Controller for a local commercial property management/development company and have been here for almost 19 years. Mike is a plumber and 9 years ago we started our own plumbing company. Combined we have 5 children, 3 married with 6 grandchildren and then 2 teenage boys still at home. The boys at home both race ATV MX that takes us all over Washington and Oregon for races. We have a Rzr that we enjoy taking to the dunes and mountains to ride with the boys and Mike has a Harley that he's planning on taking over to Sturgis this year. We love to camp in our 40 foot motorhome with all the amenities, and yes that is still camping :-). Spending time with family, eating and drinking . . . can't get any better than that!

Looking forward to learning more about grilling!

Welcome to The Pit TracyStrode ! Great intro and very nice meeting you. We all have our definition of camping, lol. Another member uses the Davy Crockett when camping if I recall correctly and loves it.

Great job on your signature, you must've done your homework. But in case you haven't seen it yet, here's our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Hi Tracy, Welcome!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here