Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

boilerman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

boilerman

Howdy. I have read posts and recipes on your site for a year now. Good bunch of folks only interested in improving the smoker experience with out the newbie attitude I got on other sites. I look forward to talking to you. I have two decent smokers and have done the usual hams,turkeys,beef roasts,bacon candy with fair to excellent results with a couple terribles.

Welcome to the Pit boilerman ! We try very hard to keep the attitude away, that sort of thing doesn't belong here especially when good folks are just looking for help. The only attitude you should ever get here is a positive one We have a great community of helpful members and it really makes The Pit a great place to hang out. I'm sure you'll agree.

We even have a FAIL! thread devoted to celebrating those "terrible" cooks, so we can all have a little laugh and remember what not to do! I personally have learned a hundred ways not to do something. I like to think that's still progress!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• JeffJ
      JeffJ commented
      Editing a comment
      Boiler,

Huskee couldn't have said it better and as someone who considers himself to still be a newbie (I joined in February) I can, through personal experience, second everything Huskee said about this site.

Welcome, hopefully you get those terribles minimized.

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

Congrats on some excellent stuff!!!!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Hello boiler. This is the only low and slow forum you'll ever need for sure.

Comment

Thank you all for the fine welcome. I'm a little slow to respond as I don't spend alot of time on line with a busy heating business. I'm cooking up some pastrami this week from "meatheads" recipe and should have some fine sandwiches by Tuesday or Wednesday. Thanks again. Happy Smoking

Comment

hey boiler. welcome!

Comment

Thank you all for the fine welcome! Like I said,I don't spend alot of time on- line. My pastrami came out the best. My wife is a pastrami maven. I did have to smoke it 13 hours but all 6# were gone in a flash. Thanks " meathead".
                I've got a 9# and8*# pork shoulders waiting for smoke so Happy Smoking!

Comment

Welcome boilerman

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Ask and you receive - well maybe not immediately, but folks will eventually share what they know by experience or best educated guess.

Comment

boilerman, Welcome to The Pit! 👍👍👍👍👍 From Fargo ND. Dan

Comment

Oh Lord. You just HAD to mention pastrami... Now I'm thinking I need to corn some briskets for dat and corned beef!!
                        Welcome aboard! Lots of good folks hanging out here, and I've yet to see any "attitude"!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!! We were all beginners at some point. Except for Jerod Broussard he was born in a UDS.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here