Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricardo Perez, here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ricardo Perez, here

Hello my name is Ricardo Perez Jr and I currently live in Dallas, TX with my lovely wife and two boys (Oldest will be 3 and youngest will be 2)
    I currently am a sous chef at an upscale BBQ restaurant appropriately named SMOKE in Plano, TX. I am constantly researching and bettering myself in my craft.
    My aspirations to be in the culinary field came from my family. My dad never went to culinary school but has been cooking for 20+ years and is now a chef. Unlike my father my uncle and I did go to culinary school at the Artinstitute (me in Dallas uncle in Fort Lauderdale). I was born in Naples, FL to a Cuban father and american mom. They would later split and my mom left to Dallas while I stayed back to with with my dad in florida. My grandmother cooked the best cuban food anyone could imagine! Rice, beans, yucca, the list goes on.. I would go back to dallas to visit mom and that notion kind of stayed with me throughout life and one day as an older and independent person decided to drop everything and head to culinary school at the Art Institute of Dallas. Yup Dallas! 8 years later, haveing graduated with honors 6 years prior from culinary school, ive worked at some of the coolest places in texas (mmmm monkfish wrapped in caul fat and truffles!)
    Un like florida, In Texas BBQ is king so I slowly made my way into the world of brisket, Spareribs and Pulled pork. Now i am proud to be running the BBQ program at the current restaurant I am at. I discoverd Amazingribs.com while researching techniques and recipes online and i never looked back. Ive gained a ton of info from this site and am proud to be a part of the pitmaster club.
    I look forward to the future and learning new techniques!

Thanks
    Ricardo Perez Jr

Comment

Welcome, Ricardo. There are a few pros on here now. It's always good to have the insight of you guys.
      I visited Cuba years ago, and, aside from a couple of great paladars, my best meal was from a grill shack on the beach. Good stuff!
      Enjoy.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Looking forward to your future posts!

Comment

Hello RP, Nice to meet you!

Comment

Hello Ricardo, welcome. I am very eager to read anything you are willing to share regarding technique and recipe suggestions.

Comment

Hello there ricktx32 ! VERY nice intro post, it was a pleasure meeting you, and great looking family! Welcome aboard. With tips, techniques, and mythbusting from AmazingRibs, you're sure to have the best BBQ around! Congrats!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here