Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello and Thank You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello and Thank You

First off, I would like to give my thanks to Meathead. Thank You

I am currently deployed overseas with the Air Force and have been surfing your pages once again, and have gotten so hungry that my stomach has just about chewed through my backbone. I found your website in 2009 when I decided to volunteer and cook for our squadron BBQ. This is where my thanks come into play, for I couldn't have done it without your knowledge passed on through AmazingRibs. And as usual I jumped in with both feet, the first BBQ I cooked for, we fed about 400 people with everything made on site utilizing your recipes. The menu consisted of 36 chickens, 12 butts, 150 ears of corn, 50 pnds of potato salad, and a whole lot of coleslaw. The BBQ sauce we make is a vinegar based sauce that is a family secret recipe made by one of my fellow Airman from NC, and we typically make 2 gallons of it. Needless to say the event was a hit and I have lost count on how many we have done since then, and with that there are a couple thousand fat and happy people that have filled their bellies from your delicious knowledge.

I joined the Pitmaster club to help further the cause. My equipment at home consists of a Brinkman gas grill, and an electric smoker, with a Pit Barrel Cooker on its way from Amazon which I intend on using the night I return home. I'm stationed at Hurlburt field FL, and I use our Squadron grill for large events. It’s a custom made smoker/with gas, on a tandem axle trailer. I will be sure to post some pictures when I return home.

That’s all I got for now and I'm proud to be part of the Pitmaster Club, Sincerely Joe

Welcome to the pit Joe and thank you for your service

Comment

Hey JM, WElcome! Looking forward to some pics of your big cooker and cooks!

Comment

Welcome Joe. We're glad you're here! I have a very good friend stationed at Hurlbert Field, and am prior USAF myself. I flew C-130s in the Nav position. Ever been stationed at Pope AFB?

Comment

• JOEMEAT
          JOEMEAT commented
          Editing a comment
          Nice to meet you David and thanks for the warm welcome, C-130s are my favorite form of air travel. I visited Pope back in 2005, I'm a ground pounder in REDHORSE. Jon thank you as well and look for those pics around June'ish

Welcome to the Pit! Thank you for your service!

Comment

Welcome JOEMEAT ! Nice intro post!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here