Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mark from Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark from Minnesota

Hi, Mark Sawyer, from Minnesota. I've been doing BBQ, charcuterie, and other things cooking and meat for years. Until last year, had an annual late summer BBQ to say "thanks" to the people my wife and I work with. (We're surgeons in our day job). The Annual Pig Roast was a 100 lb or so spit-roasted pig, around 80 lb brisket, 30 lbs pork shoulder, 40 lbs jerk chicken, some hamburgers and hot dogs for the kids, sides (cole slaw, potato salad, asian sesame noodles, baked beans) and sauces all homemade for 150-300 people. Got some help every year from my siblings and their spouses as well.

I have an Americue smoker, a couple less expensive Masterbuilts for when I'm BBQing for a crowd, a Grillworks Argentinian grill, and a gas grill for when I just want to get stuff on the table.

I joined up to be able to fraternize with other smokers and cooks, and Meathead has set up an awesome site, certainly deserving of a few bucks.

Nice to "meet" everyone. And now I'm off to find where to post my question of "is the pastrami I forgot in the curing brine in the fridge 3 weeks ago still safe?"

Ciao!

Welcome from the California Delta. Sounds like you might know a thing or two. Looking forward to hearing more.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Mark ...

Comment

Mark, Welcome to The Pit from southern MN.

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Another Minnesotan! Welcome! Now about the pastrami, 3 weeks brining in the fridge? Does it stand up and salute? I have to think (totally inexperienced) that it might be safe, on the other hand would a three week brine leave it edible is the question. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Pensacola Florida!

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mark.

Comment

Welcome to the pit. Minnesota??? Damm you must need a snow shovel just to find your keyboard this time of year.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome aboard. Looking forward to hearing more about your cooks!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from La Crosse Wi.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here