Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wonderful Chateaubriand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonderful Chateaubriand

While I've been a member for some time, this is my first post. I recently moved from northern CA to southern AZ. Once settled in I purchased a new Weber Performer Deluxe, then I purchased the SNS system for it. Yesterday, I cooked a Chateaubriand using the SNS and the method/recipe by Meathead. WOW!!! What a wonderful piece of meat! I had family visiting from CA, and they flat out LOVED the steaks I sliced off of that beautiful piece of beef tenderloin. Thanks, AmazingRibs… and SNS! You made me the "Perfect Chef"!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by IBMERCY; November 11, 2019, 04:27 PM.

Well done on your cook. Great looking meat.

Comment

I’d eat that and come back fer seconds !!!!!
      Nice job

Comment

Hey there, I was born and raised in Ukiah/Hopland. UHS class of '79. Did half of my career with Ukiah FD. Update: I looked at your bio and saw your email address, you were friends with my mom Patty Hamilton/Ornbaun when they were in the Elks. Small world...
        Last edited by CaptainMike; November 11, 2019, 06:01 PM.

Comment

• IBMERCY
          IBMERCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Wow, very interesting... I actually think we may have met a time or two with Bill and Patty. We now live in Green Valley, AZ..... how about you? Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.... as you probably noticed, I'm not on here all that much.... too busy doing 'other things'.... Grin

• CaptainMike
          CaptainMike commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm retired from the fire service and live in Mt Shasta. If you didn't know, Mom passed away in 2010 and Bill passed earlier this year. You are also Facebook friends with George Borecky and I'll see you post from time to time. I hope all is well with you and that you enjoy AZ living.

Welcome! Great cook!!! What sent you from Ukiah to Arizona? For those who don’t know - Ukiah is a northern coastal town with lots of fog and everyone knows what southern Arizona is like. With cooks like that you have to keep posting.

Comment

• IBMERCY
          IBMERCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Ha..... I loved Ukiah and the surrounding area.... but.... the cost of living (all inclusive) and the CA politics ran me out of my home state and area.....sad, but true.....

• IBMERCY
          IBMERCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Well... being born and raised in Potter Valley (just NE of Ukiah) we loved the area.... until.... Governors Brown and Newsome took over.... the rediculously high cost of living and taxes that are a result of those two.... ran us out. We lived at the edge of the fantastic Redwood Forest and the Wine Country.... and it was great.... but... alas... the politics of CA.... ran us out. So... now we're in SE AZ.

• tbob4
          tbob4 commented
          Editing a comment
          I laughed and was going to tag CaptainMike but he beat me to it with a thumbs up! Hahahahaha

Chateaubriand is an amazing cut. I haven't had it in years. That looks awesome!

Comment

• IBMERCY
          IBMERCY commented
          Editing a comment
          Actually.... it WAS Awesome... Grin that was my first one, but it certainly won't be my last one.... only drawback is 'cost' ... Grin

Great cook!

Comment

That's a real nice way of cooking up a beef tenderloin. Looks good!

Comment

I caught my performer Louie reading this; unfortunately my WIFI is strong on the deck. Now I think he's mad at me, and misses his last owner. If he starts talking to my red-head Lucille, I'm going to have to up my game fast - and all I have is a Chuckie (not Gruden) and racks of pork and beef in storage. Alas.

I don't even have a picnic on hand...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pull a Pork Ready.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	162.5 KB
ID:	768369

Comment

• IBMERCY
              IBMERCY commented
              Editing a comment
              JGo37..... if you cook your pork correctly, you can throw those Bear Claws away.... cook it to perfection, lift the bone out, bust it into 3 or 4 large chunks, put it in your KitchenAide MixMaster with the Dough Hook.... 60 seconds later, you have the Best Ever Pulled Pork..... Grin

• JGo37
              JGo37 commented
              Editing a comment
              IBMERCY I made a picnic a couple days ago and just lifted the bone out - not a thing attached to it.

Welcome from NE Florida. Glad to finally hear from you!

Comment

Now that's the way to do your first post. Very classy. The Chateaubriand looks fantastic. Great job.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Great looking Beef!

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome toTh Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Nice job on yer cook!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from north Texas.
                    great looking meat!

Comment

Howdy from south Texas! That’s a beautiful chunk of meat, nicely cooked.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here