Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from Omaha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Omaha

Greetings Pitmasters!

Somewhat new to smoking meats and excited to learn from the group. My family has a history in BBQ, shoutout to Eddlemon’s BBQ down in Grand Prairie,TX

Just moved to Omaha and going to ”enjoy” grilling/smoking/brewing through these harsh winters (tips and tricks appreciated)

Current setup is a 22” Weber Kettle w/ a Thermoworks TP20

Lump only

Currently on the search for a smoker (drum, offset,etc.)

Appreciate the help and knowledge from you guys
    Last edited by Niermeyer; November 6, 2019, 09:34 AM.

Welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!
        Cheers from Norway

Comment

Welcome from Papio!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	omaha.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	23.3 KB
ID:	765783

Comment

• Niermeyer
              Niermeyer commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome!

• HouseHomey
              HouseHomey commented
              Editing a comment
              Bwahahaha

Welcome to the pit from Alabama! Glad to have you onboard!

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club!

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. It’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

We look forward to hearing from you! Thank you for your support, we really appreciate it!

-Spinaker

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

• Niermeyer
                    Niermeyer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You should try out Eddlemon’s BBQ at Prairie Lakes Golf Course in Grand Prairie... great people and even better BBQ!

• LA Pork Butt
                    LA Pork Butt commented
                    Editing a comment
                    @Niemeyer Thanks. I’ll put it on my list of places to explore.

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from TN. Get a slow n sear from Adrenaline/SNS Grills for the kettle and it will turn the kettle into a 2 zone smoking machine!

SnS Grills is the leading provider of high-quality BBQ charcoal inserts and grills. Our inserts and grills are perfect for backyard barbecues, camping trips, tailgating or any outdoor adventure. From beginner to championship BBQ-ing we have a solution for your small batch smoking and grilling needs. We help you BBQ!

You will quickly notice that we are always willing to suggest ways for you to spend more on equipment

Comment

• Niermeyer
                      Niermeyer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Great, I’ll have to check it out. That’s how I set up my grill all the time, but this is the next level!

If it improves quality, always worth the price!

Thanks for the suggestions

Welcome to The Pit. I suggest that you get a leave in thermometer before a new cooker. That will up your game immediately.

A good digital thermometer is a cook's most important tool. Our electrical engineer has tested and rated more than 200 different types of thermometers in a searchable database, making finding the perfect one for your needs a breeze!

Comment

• Niermeyer
                      Niermeyer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I’m using a Thermopro TP20 and sticking the probe through some aluminum foil. Might need to give that a slight upgrade to one of the thermometers on the list

Thanks for the help!

Welcome from southern Minnesota where we got our first 4" of snow last night. Enjoy The Pit.

Comment

• Niermeyer
                      Niermeyer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Ouch! Too early for snow for me, coming my way soon

• HouseHomey
                      HouseHomey commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Snow..ehhh????

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here