Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Montreal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Montreal

Hello everyone,
    My name is Alex i am 25 and i live in Montreal, Canada and i am Russian. Around the age of 15 i started to show interest for cooking. And charcoal bbq have a special place in my heart since 16-17. I've been a proud owner of a MES 30" since i got it last year for my Birthay in april ( 420 :P and i DON'T smoke). Went for it because i live in a condo and space and ease to operate were crucial to me.
    Together we did some amazing pulled pork, ribs, chickens, salmon (fresh caught in Ontario) and much more.
    I found this website through Google while hunting for a Turkey recipe at Thanksgiving. And found more turkey information than Butterball's secret vault has. Ended up doing one in the smoker and one in the oven. It was a very intense first turkey encounter but thanks to this AMAZING site, everything went well.
    I have deep respect for the creators/admins/moderators and whoever helps to keep this place alive and help it expand it's borders.
    Since actions speak louder than words, i have joined the Pitmaster Club to show my support as many others. Hope to get tons of useful information and maybe enough knowledge to open a REAL americal bbq joint one day to start converting people from maple syrup to ribs...

Few photos attached to summarize my cooking experience. Enjoy and thank you

Nice looking pictures Alan. Good luck on spreading the barbeque love to Montreal.

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!

Nice stuff.

I'm into my second year of making and smoking my own sausage. Crazy how easy it is, and how easy it is to mess up. hahaha

Comment

• Alex Baton
        Alex Baton commented
        Editing a comment
        Sausage was that first push into the big and cruel world of meat. Out of my 4 batches, i consider only one a success. I will be concentrating on it this summer when i have more free time. Am even considering changing my noobish equipment and spend i few bucks on a cylinder stuffer. But more on this when we get there, any help would be appreciated

Hello Alex. Very nice to meet you.

Comment

Greetings from Calgary! I can relate to your -25 grilling pic, go Canadian BBQ and go Flames!

Comment

• Alex Baton
          Alex Baton commented
          Editing a comment
          Flames belong under your meat, not in a hockey arena To be honest I am not a hockey fan. Will watch Stanley cup game but everything else is occasional and random. Few years ago(around 6) i worked at Birks downtown montreal in security and saw this man suspiciously looking around. I called it in so the camera guy would keep an eye on him. And all the shift burst out laughing at me over the radio. The suspect was Saku Koivu himself (0_0)*?. And at that time, he played with Montreal Candians, captain if i am not mistaken. So hockey is REALLY not my thing

• bbqoaf
          bbqoaf commented
          Editing a comment
          That's cool, as long as you are not a Canucks fan, worst team ever!!!!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here