Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Indiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Indiana

Just a newbie at the whole smoking thing. Currently smoking my first brisket as we speak. Was literally going out of my mind when I thought there was something wrong with my thermometer until I read about the "STALL". Looking forward to any and all tips anyone can give about smoking.

Welcome from Winnipeg. Tons of tips here, and advice if needed.

Comment

Hello from Chico, Ca. While in the stall read lots of posts. I’ll bet you will find that people here are great and you will become a member for life.

Comment

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        How did it turn out?

• beez64
        beez64 commented
        Editing a comment
        well this is definitely gonna be a learning process. I took it off the smoker and while it ended up having a nice char it was dry as a chip. I think I may try to inject some beef broth next time and also just salt it which I think I saw someone do. Kinda looked like you. Anyways, I look forward to the next time. Thanks for the help!!

• tbob4
        tbob4 commented
        Editing a comment
        Kind of looked like me and it was bad and looked like leather? Hahahahahahahaha. I definitely have to change my photo.
        Last edited by tbob4; November 3, 2019, 10:16 PM.

Welcome from the California Delta. Yea the stall freaked me out the first time. Hopefully you have an instant read therm. Take it to about 200 to 205. Start probing at about 190 and when it's like butter you're done! Then rest wrapped.

Comment

Wait til ya run into the "Whoosh". Then you’ll know you have arrived as a master of the pits. Welcome, eat good & have fun!
        Last edited by FireMan; November 3, 2019, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. If you have a specific question, it helps to know what you are cookin' on as well as the fuel and your cookin' temp.

Comment

• RonB
            RonB commented
            Editing a comment
            beez64 - did you add any wood chips or charcoal to provide smoke? That will also aid in bark formation.

• Steve R.
            Steve R. commented
            Editing a comment
            beez64 what did you use for the dry rub?

• beez64
            beez64 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Steve. I just used a dry rub recipe that I got off line. paprika, brown sugar, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper...I think there was something else but that's what I remember. I'm gonna inject the brisket next time and also wrap it up when it hits the 160 mark and add a bit of apple juice. I've read a lot about doing this so I'll give it a try

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

And welcome from south Texas!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit.

Comment

Welcome my fellow Hoosier!

Comment

• mrteddyprincess
                          mrteddyprincess commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Second welcome from a Hoosier. Welcome.

Salutations from Hays, Kansas! Keep looking and you’ll find answers to many questions on this site!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here