Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from east Tn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from east Tn

I stumbled upon this site a few months ago when I killed a hog (I raise beef cattle and hogs) and was wanting to try making bacon and curing a ham. Google brought me to this site and I became addicted,the bacon and ham turned out amazing. I took some to work to let people try and they all said it was the best bacon they had ever eaten...

I have been smoking for a few years now, but after reading this site and learning how to properly do things everything I cook has been 10x's better. I am currently using a Charbroil Duo with the smoker box attachment, it is a very versatile set up and wasn't hard on the wallet, I have been very pleased with it.

I love this site and and wanted to contribute to show my appreciation for what you are doing...

Tim

Thanks for the support!

Did you have questions about that bacon on the main site a month or two ago???

How are the cows? Lotta grass out here in east Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
      Thanks for the support!

Did you have questions about that bacon on the main site a month or two ago???

How are the cows? Lotta grass out here in east Texas.

No, no questions, the article was well written and easy to follow...

The cows are doing good... The grass is just starting to grow good here.

Comment

Welcome, how is east TN? I think I circled through there on a motorcycle looping from Asheville to Chattanooga. Now that I mention it we stopped by the Aquarium there and it was pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Welcome, how is east TN? I think I circled through there on a motorcycle looping from Asheville to Chattanooga. Now that I mention it we stopped by the Aquarium there and it was pretty cool.

Tn is great right now, the weather is great, and thing are really starting to green up. If you went from Asheville to Chattanooga you went right by me... I live on the boarder of Tn and Nc. Yeah, Chattanooga has a nice aquarium .

Comment

Welcome TnH. Yeah, that bacon recipe is great! I've spent some time in the Tri-Cities, pretty country up there.

Comment

Welcome East Tennessee! Look forward to some recipes from your local cousine!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit fellow Tennessean! I'm just outside of Nashville in the Boro (Murfreesboro).

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Thank you all.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit thhutton ! I wondered for a brief second if you were a famous actor by the name of Timothy Hutton.... but I suppose you can't find time for TV shows when you're a farmer, lol. I like your statement of how you 'could eat BBQ for the rest of my life and die happy.' You're in good company!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here