Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member From Omaha, NEp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member From Omaha, NEp

Ummm, retired for several years. Upon doing so I discovered that I rather like to cook for family and friends. That's perfect for this household since Marcia has always hated to cook, as did her mother. I'm not at all an inventive or intuitive cook but am proficient at following a well-written recipe.

Whenever I shovel snow, I wear a stocking cap that my 80-year old grandmother knitted for me more than 50 years ago. Each time I put it on I think of her and the fact that she used a portion of her remaining days to lovingly make a gift for me. I kinda’ think of the meals I cook like that. I can’t make a gift that will still be useful 50-years from now, but I can make a meal that’s my little gift. And it may bring some joy to someone. If nothing else, it provides me with a bit of joy.

I have a Cookshack Fast Eddy PG500 pellet pit, a Large Kamado Joe II, a gas grill and the ubiquitous Weber Kettle with a Gabby's Grill Santa Maria attachment. I've had a PID-controlled Bradley OBS and a drum smoker. After reading about and thinking about the Karubecue C-60 for a few years I discovered Earnest's "The KBQ Has Landed" Thread. Ten pages in on Sunday night I placed my order. Today is Tuesday. It's supposed to arrive tomorrow. (I have little confidence in that.)

Greetings from South Africa.

Comment

Welcome from Papio!

Comment

Welcome from a fellow retiree in south Texas!

Comment

Howdy Stranger

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! Wow, that's a serious lineup of grills/smokers, and then there's a KBQ incoming. Cool!

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. It’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visitinghttps://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Great Giveaway Monthly Sweepstakes winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Welcome from Massachusetts.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. I think you are in the right place 'cause I think most here feel the same way. I know I get more joy out of making some people happy with my cooks than with eating the food. Except when I really nail that steak.

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Enjoy The Pit.

Comment

Originally posted by glitchy View Post
                          Howdy Stranger
                          Howdy glitchy. I always looked forward to your posts on that other forum.

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from SW Omaha! Enjoy the pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here