Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member - What's your Go To Cook that wins 'em over every time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GirlGrilling
    commented on 's reply
    My back-up plan is always crab claws; having no back-up plan stresses me too much. I steam ‘em up w/Old Bay and serve w/clarified butter & lemon, ready to eat as soon as people arrive. Of course, every time I put this plan in action, my brisket comes out ON TIME and cooked to perfection (on my OLD grill, anyway); when I don’t, it doesn’t. Murphy’s Law, I suppose.

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    I hope you like! I don't see a pellet cooker in your sig, so I'd recommend heating the nachos up with well-lit charcoal, something to give you a *little* smoke, not a lot or it will be too much and ruin them IMO, but also something more than just a microwave melting the cheese. The oil in the chips, as well as the cheese, soaks up some of that smoke and makes it heavenly!

• binarypaladin
    replied
    Welcome! I’ve got two depending on time constraints:

1. Reverse seared ribeyes using the SNS cold grate technique. They’re ridiculously easy and I usually get at least one, "These are the best steaks I have ever had."

2. Ribs using the Memphis rub and either KC classic or bourbon sauce. All pretty vanilla.

Really though, smoked chickens (stupid easy), smoked steakhouse burgers (more involved than steaks), and pulled pork all get rave reviews—and not because I’m some guru either. I’m a pretty good backyard enthusiast.

People love BBQ.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome, Clint! We'd love to get a Introduce Yourself post from you too when you have the time.

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah. I keep going back to Huskee 's nacho photo and it drives me hungry. I usually do roasts in the winter. I think I shouldn't have that rule any longer.

• Clint C
    replied
    I see a lot of praise for smoked chuck roasts in this thread. Thinking that will be my next cook.

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    One more - porterhouse steaks using the cold grate method.

Leave a comment:

• Clint C
    replied
    Memphis Dust baby back ribs. I win every time. The crowd goes wild.

Just cooked a butt with Memphis Dust and added a little jalapeno powder because I like my butts spicy....crowd pleaser.

Weber indirect method. Weber's make the cook feel like #winning when you nail it.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    ajgrills - I am making a new post with the recipe so it doesn't get lost.

• klflowers
    replied
    This isn't strictly an on the grill dish, but my wife asks for it all the time. I make it with ox tails - just increase the braise time to ~3 hours. I do the smoke part on a kettle/sns combo.

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...ked-osso-bucco

And turkey - I do a whole turkey every couple of months on the wsm.
    Last edited by klflowers; October 28, 2019, 12:33 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Chief1232
    replied
    Welcome! If I'm cooking for a crowd I go for Brisket. If it is just a few people over for dinner I try to find a nice Ribeye Cap Steak (Costco). That always impresses!

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    For someone whose family doesn't like BBQ, you sure have a lot of grills and smokers! I still have that same Weber Genesis Silver A too (outfitted with Grillgrates a couple of years ago). I definitely think pulled beef nachos will be a hit. And lately I am looking for ways to move the heat out of the kitchen and out side, so am using the grills more with cast iron skillets and my dutch oven (for baking and frying).

• gcdmd
    commented on 's reply
    Ditto on the pulled pork for large gatherings. I get requests for it at church regularly.

• gcdmd
    commented on 's reply
    "Pick something you like to eat and cook it! "

Good advice, Skip.

• TripleB
    replied
    Unfortunately, my family is not really into BBQ. They tell me my que is the best (not too hard to produce good BBQ in California since there are really no good BBQ joints around here), but never specifically ask for anything smoked. If I make it, they eat it up. I do all the cooking so what they ask for is really my kitchen dishes.... Gumbo, Chicken & Dumplings, Spaghetti, various soups, Chicken Florentine, Salmon, Pot Roast, etc. On the grill would be Tri-Tip, Steaks and Chicken.

But I got a couple ideas from reading what others posted. My wife loves nachos, so I'm going to try Huskee's pulled beef nachos. And Katherine mentioned hot Italian sausages. Have not made sausage in over 6 months so I'm gonna put that on the menu. Linguisa, Italian, Andouille, Polish.... Which to choose .

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here