Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member - What's your Go To Cook that wins 'em over every time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ajgrills
    commented on 's reply
    God bless strong cocktails and chimichurri. I haven't done flank on the smoker yet, usually hit it straight on the gas grill. What's your preferred method?

• ajgrills
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. Love Turkey. For the last few years I spatchcock and pull when the breast the hits 155 and let carryover do the rest. I cook at 425. I do a 4 day dry brine (Alton Brown method) and have had good results. This will be my first year on the smoker.

• ajgrills
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks, OGB! Now, tell me why 140 is your number, and at what temp do you pull it off the low cook, before searing to get to 140? That part is the hardest to calculate I find. I want a med-rare middle, but the ends more med to med well so I can please everyone.

• ajgrills
    commented on 's reply
    1) Please, please share your crunchy skin chicken thigh technique. Love thighs.

2) Please, please, please (ad infinitum) share your burger recipe/technique. Are you grinding your own? What's your blend? Etc. God bless a good burger.

• ajgrills
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. Brisket is on the radar. But my deep dark secret is that I've never had a brisket I liked, including from some top notch pit masters. I will tray and prove myself wrong. Appreciate any tips!

• ajgrills
    commented on 's reply
    I love Tri-tip. Are you saying sear off, and then throw on smoker at 210-220 at 400 and don't look at temps at all? Recently reverse seared in oven at 225 and finished off at in-laws later on grill for a reverse sear and had good results.

• ajgrills
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks. I see chuck roasts and wonder. How big to buy and then reverse sear them, is that what I'm seeing? Do you rub or marinade, etc.

• DesertRaider
    replied
    Welcome from N. Nevada. My go to is tri-tip and pork ribs. Working on getting better with chicken and turkey breast, then beef ribs, then everything else. Makes me think there's not enough days in the year to get it all right. I'll just have to keep trying.

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    replied
    Easy. Texas-style brisket, no question.

Leave a comment:

• willxfmr
    replied
    Welcome from Wisconsin!
    Best hot and fast cook is spatchcock chicken.
    Low and slow is babybacks.
    Best week night, dinner is beer soaked brats smoked then seared.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    It's hard to say for me 'cause friends love whatever I cook. However, the prime rib I smoked in June was a big hit, and the fried rice I make with chicken, shrimp, and bacon always disappears at the family reunion every year.

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    Welcome from Minnesota! My favorite is tri tip or pork tenderloin. Pick something you like to eat and cook it!

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    I am a fan of scotch. well, a lot of scotch, just not the peaty stuff. but, if you serve good scotch. the rest does not matter.

• Mark V
    replied
    Meatloaf. No one is expecting that to be so good, so it opens eyes.

In that same vein, I keep Springbank Scotch around. Many people still haven't had good Scotch, many think Scotch tastes like turpentine or something. Springbank is very mild and smooth, a good introduction for them. Have had many converts!

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    commented on 's reply
    Same old story, meat on smoker needs another 20-30 mins....we're hungry now and out comes the phones....
    I loose my mind and no one will talk to me for who knows how long.
    Actually not a bad deal!!!!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here