Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member - What's your Go To Cook that wins 'em over every time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosca
    replied
    Out of everything, beef short ribs in the instant Pot.

Outdoors, it’s either ribs or smash burgers. I’ve had people tell me that they’re the best they ever had for both cooks.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Howdy from the Great State of Jefferson! My winners are brisket, sous vide or smash burgers, and picanha (top sirloin cap). Done a million, maybe a bit less, tri tips, but everyone does TT's hereabouts.

Leave a comment:

• texastweeter
    replied
    beef ribs, cowboy beans, jalapeno cracklin cornbread. Fwiw, my wife is in her 20's, got her through her belly! The ultimate win!

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    tbob4 I don't make or play the music. That would scare everyone away, I have 4 guitars and not one of them makes me sound like I can play music. They all must be broken. ajgrills, no smoking of the Flank, that is a hot and fast cook.

• scottingaround
    replied
    Welcome from Southern California. My repeated successes are whole chicken and spare ribs. Why is it that every time I log in to the Pit, I get hungry?

Leave a comment:

• Porkies
    replied
    Welcome to TN. I am a beginner, so I don't have a 'make 'em go MMmmm' yet.

Leave a comment:

• Porkies
    commented on 's reply
    Strong cocktails...good music... some food - Got it! Even I can get this right.

• glitchy
    replied
    So many good suggestions. Most of the people I entertain only ever eat restaurant BBQ or 'BBQ' meats that have been cooked in the oven, crock pot, etc. so they are wow'd at everything. I've probably gotten some of my compliments for simple pulled pork. I don't inject or do anything special, just a good rub and cooked well.

Chuck roast is one of my favorites. Try wrapping in butcher paper after 3-4 hours. Tri-tip is something not too many people around here have had, so it's a good one. Lots of people seem to eat a lot of crock pot ribs, so properly smoked ribs can win over a crowd.

Most important is get a good thermometer and cook it well. I would also say try CookinPellets on your RecTec. To me, they seem to give more smoke flavor and burn cleaner than the other brands I've tried.
    Last edited by glitchy; October 25, 2019, 08:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Dewesq55
    replied
    For me, the go to is SLC Ribs hands down, followed by pulled pork and Pollo a la Brasa (Peruvian style rotisserie chicken.)

Leave a comment:

• GolfGeezer
    replied
    Welcome from SoCal! As you are new to pellet smoking, I'd go with a pork butt. Many recipes on the site for this. Pulled pork is very forgiving and always a crowd pleaser.

Leave a comment:

• Oakgrovebacon
    commented on 's reply
    I pull when the center is between 122-125 then sear. My wife likes meat at the well done stage. She gets the ends. I get the thicker middles. only 2 of us so there are always leftovers, I have a large meat slicer so the leftovers get shaved for cold deli style sandwiches. Also like to cook a cheesesteak type sandwich from thin slices.

• fuzzydaddy
    commented on 's reply
    ajgrills Mine are usually around 3 lbs and I cook them like a brisket using my favorite beef rub, around 225-250 until probe tender. I shred them.
    Last edited by fuzzydaddy; October 25, 2019, 04:33 AM.

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    Welcome from Virginia. My go to is a steak , every time.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    commented on 's reply
    ajgrills for chicken season it to your mood, crank her up (350° at least) or so and let’em rip. I use my kettle with the SnS so it just goes wide open. I do all kinds of stuff with burgers grinds. No one recipe.

• holehogg
    replied
    Greetings from South Africa.
    Pork belly burnt ends is a crowd pleaser.
    Vortex chicken wings also win.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here