Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheers from Wilmington NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Let the tequila flow. It's all good here

• David Parrish
    commented on 's reply
    Yes I was a C-130 Nav. I was stationed at Pope too! But alas it was from 98 to 01, so we didn't cross paths there. Now the army owns it *shudder*.

• Mikes brisket
    commented on 's reply
    The quest has been a walk back in time more then anything.....the more I look back, the more I learn.
    OK the tequila is talking, time to put down the iPad

• Mikes brisket
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Jon likewise.

• Guy
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit. Can't wait to follow your quest for Brisket. Hopefully I can follow along and learn from it. Oopps, what am I saying everyone can learn.

Leave a comment:

• Flavorsavor
    replied
    Welcome from another PBC owner, Mike and NC'er! Great to see our community expanding.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Hey Mike. Nice to meet you!

Leave a comment:

• Mikes brisket
    commented on 's reply
    Ridley helium carbon frame, full ultegra group and mavic ksyrium wheels. Rode 3000 miles last year and just crashed it about 2 weeks ago. I may have cracked the frame where the seat stay meets the rear wheel bracket. I've been avoiding the bike while I heal but I have to go to the LBS and have it looked at.
    Did I see a post on here where you naved on C-130's???? If so we may have meant, I was a combat controller from 85 to 95 and departed many 130's from various altitudes. Spent all my time at Pope in Fayetteville NC.

• David Parrish
    replied
    Welcome Mike! We're glad you're here.

What kind of road bike you got? I've got a Litespeed Vortex frame circa 2006, Shimano Dura-Ace components and Mavic Ksyrium SL wheelset. That said, I haven't ridden it in a year. I've taken up swimming. Roads around here just aren't safe. I live in Charlotte, NC.

Leave a comment:

• Mikes brisket
    commented on 's reply
    I'm looking forward it getting here.

• Mikes brisket
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Stoney, time to represent the pig pickin capital.

• _John_
    replied
    Welcome, good luck on your quest, the PBC just may get you there.

Leave a comment:

• Stoney
    replied
    Welcome to the pit. Nice seeing more people from NC on here.

Leave a comment:

• Mikes brisket
    started a topic Cheers from Wilmington NC

Cheers from Wilmington NC

Let me start by saying I LOVE THIS WEBSITE.
    I've been cooking on a large BGE for 12 or so years with various charcoal types, but Kingsford Hickory is my fave. I have cooked everything I could think of on it with some awesome wins and spectacular failures...and I mean ruined holiday feast type failures. I consider it all part of the outdoor cooking experience and I have a kind and supportive wife.
    My user name comes from my wife because I am in search of the holy grail of brisket that I tasted when I was a teenager on my own in Houston Texas. I was sleeping on a lot of couches and when I could get a little coin in my pocket I would get a brisket sandwich from a Randall's grocery deli. To me it was heaven on a bun, so I have been trying to recreate/find that flavorful meat again, which my wife calls Mikes Brisket Quest.
    A little about me; 50 years old, I'm a road biker/staying fit kinda guy, have not eaten any wheat in over 22 months and feel like I'm 25.
    I just ordered a Pit Barrel Cooker using the Amazon URL from Amazingribs and am gonna start out with a choice 8 lb flat brisket that's been in cryovac at 35 deg for 3 weeks.
    Thanks to everyone involved in this site and I look forward to being part of the community.
    Cheers, Mike
    P.S. I will include pictures.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo

Spotlight

These are not ads or paid placements. These are some of our favorite tools and toys.

These are products we have tested, won our top awards, and are highly recommend. Click here to read how we test, about our medals, and what they mean.

Use Our Links To Help Keep Us Alive

A big part of this site is our unbiased equipment and product reviews. We love playing with toys and we have no problem calling them the way we see them. Some companies pay a finder’s fee if a reader clicks a link on AmazingRibs.com and buys a product. It has zero impact on our reviews, zero impact on the price you pay, and the sites never tell us what you bought, but it has a major impact on our ability to keep this site alive! So before you buy, please click our links. Here’s a link that takes you to a page on Amazon that has some of our favorite tools and toys: https://tinyurl.com/amazingribs

Grilla Pellet Smoker proves good things come in small packages

We always liked Grilla. The small 31.5″ x 29.5″ footprint makes it ideal for use where BBQ space is limited, as on a condo patio.
Click here for our review on this unique smoker

Masterbuilt MPS 340/G ThermoTemp XL Propane Smoker

This is the first propane smoker with a thermostat, making this baby foolproof. Set ThermoTemp’s dial from 175° to 350°F and the thermostat inside will adjust the burner just like an indoor kitchen oven. All you need to do is add wood to the tray above the burner to start smokin’.

Click here to read our detailed review

Compact Powerful Sear Machine For Your Next Tailgater

Char-Broil’s Grill2Go x200 is a super-portable, fun little sizzler made of heavy, rust-proof cast aluminum. The lid snaps shut. Grab the handle and you’re off to the party! Char-Broil’s TRU-Infrared design produces searing heat while reducing fuel consumption. A 16 ounce LP gas canister is enough to keep you flipping burgers for hours.

Click here to read our detailed review and to order

Is This Superb Charcoal Grill A Kamado Killer?

The PK-360, with 360 square inches of cooking space, this rust free, cast aluminum charcoal grill is durable and easy to use. Four-way venting means it’s easy to set up for two zone cooking with more control than single vent Kamado grills. It is beautifully designed, completely portable, and much easier to set up for 2-zone cooking than any round kamado.

Click here to read our detailed review of the PK 360

Click here to order directly and get an exclusive AmazingRibs.com deal

Comprehensive Temperature Magnet With 80+ Important Temps

Amazingribs.com temperature magnet
Winner of the National BBQ Association’s product of the year award. This 8.5″ x 11″ magnet contains more that 80 benchmark temperatures for meats (both USDA recommended temps as well as the temps chefs recommend), fats and oils, sugars, sous vide, eggs, collagens, wood combustion, breads, and more. Although it is not certified as all-weather, we have tested it outdoors in Chicago weather and it has not delaminated in three years, but there is minor fading.

Click here to order.

GrillGrates Take Gas Grills To The Infrared†Zone

GrillGrates(TM) amplify heat, prevent flareups, make flipping foods easier, kill hotspots, flip over to make a fine griddle, and can be easily moved from one grill to another. You can even throw wood chips, pellets, or sawdust between the rails and deliver a quick burst of smoke.

Click here for more about what makes these grates so special

Fireboard: The Ultimate Top Of The Line BBQ Thermometer

Fireboard Labs Product Photo Shoot. Kansas City Commercial Portrait and Wedding Photographers ©Kevin Ashley Photography

With the ability to monitor up to six temperatures simultaneously with either Bluetooth or Wifi on your mobile phone, tablet, or computer, Fireboard is the best digital thermometer we’ve tested.
Click here to read our detailed†review