Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheers from Wilmington NC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers from Wilmington NC

Let me start by saying I LOVE THIS WEBSITE.
    I've been cooking on a large BGE for 12 or so years with various charcoal types, but Kingsford Hickory is my fave. I have cooked everything I could think of on it with some awesome wins and spectacular failures...and I mean ruined holiday feast type failures. I consider it all part of the outdoor cooking experience and I have a kind and supportive wife.
    My user name comes from my wife because I am in search of the holy grail of brisket that I tasted when I was a teenager on my own in Houston Texas. I was sleeping on a lot of couches and when I could get a little coin in my pocket I would get a brisket sandwich from a Randall's grocery deli. To me it was heaven on a bun, so I have been trying to recreate/find that flavorful meat again, which my wife calls Mikes Brisket Quest.
    A little about me; 50 years old, I'm a road biker/staying fit kinda guy, have not eaten any wheat in over 22 months and feel like I'm 25.
    I just ordered a Pit Barrel Cooker using the Amazon URL from Amazingribs and am gonna start out with a choice 8 lb flat brisket that's been in cryovac at 35 deg for 3 weeks.
    Thanks to everyone involved in this site and I look forward to being part of the community.
    Cheers, Mike
    P.S. I will include pictures.

Welcome to the pit. Nice seeing more people from NC on here.

Comment

• Mikes brisket
      Mikes brisket commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Stoney, time to represent the pig pickin capital.

Welcome, good luck on your quest, the PBC just may get you there.

Comment

• Mikes brisket
      Mikes brisket commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm looking forward it getting here.

Welcome Mike! We're glad you're here.

What kind of road bike you got? I've got a Litespeed Vortex frame circa 2006, Shimano Dura-Ace components and Mavic Ksyrium SL wheelset. That said, I haven't ridden it in a year. I've taken up swimming. Roads around here just aren't safe. I live in Charlotte, NC.

Comment

• Mikes brisket
      Mikes brisket commented
      Editing a comment
      Ridley helium carbon frame, full ultegra group and mavic ksyrium wheels. Rode 3000 miles last year and just crashed it about 2 weeks ago. I may have cracked the frame where the seat stay meets the rear wheel bracket. I've been avoiding the bike while I heal but I have to go to the LBS and have it looked at.
      Did I see a post on here where you naved on C-130's???? If so we may have meant, I was a combat controller from 85 to 95 and departed many 130's from various altitudes. Spent all my time at Pope in Fayetteville NC.

• David Parrish
      David Parrish commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I was a C-130 Nav. I was stationed at Pope too! But alas it was from 98 to 01, so we didn't cross paths there. Now the army owns it *shudder*.

Hey Mike. Nice to meet you!

Comment

• Mikes brisket
      Mikes brisket commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Jon likewise.

Welcome from another PBC owner, Mike and NC'er! Great to see our community expanding.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Can't wait to follow your quest for Brisket. Hopefully I can follow along and learn from it. Oopps, what am I saying everyone can learn.

Comment

• Mikes brisket
        Mikes brisket commented
        Editing a comment
        The quest has been a walk back in time more then anything.....the more I look back, the more I learn.
        OK the tequila is talking, time to put down the iPad

• David Parrish
        David Parrish commented
        Editing a comment
        Let the tequila flow. It's all good here

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here