Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what's up from Miami

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what's up from Miami

What's up guys?!

Glad to have just joined. This site has been really helpful so why not.

I own a 2015. Weber Performer Deluxe, Smokenator with hover grill, and the Maverick ET733 thermometers. Literally finishing up my first smoke and considering a PartyQ.

Welcome, how did the first smoke come out? I have been debating a move to FL myself, getting pretty tired of this cold weather and tornado season which seems to last 10 months of the year.

Comment

• Guy
      Guy commented
      Editing a comment
      John come on down and enjoy the hurricanes we have. They come with tornadoes too so you won't miss much. LOL

Welcome! I love the combination of Performer, Smokenator and hover grill. If you have a chance please post pics of your first smoke.

Comment

Greeting Father.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and thanks for your support.

Comment

Thanks all.

Man, call it beginners luck, but it came out amazing! Tender and juicy, delicious bark. Started at 1AM and fell below 215F around 4:30AM. I added about 8-10 coals but never got it back over 190F, and the brisket was stuck at 163F. At which point I foiled and finished in oven til 195F internal at 250F. Carried over til 203F and I let it rest til it was 180F and I sliced it up. I was so happy. Really thinking of getting the PartyQ now.

images, funny, image host, image sharing, reaction gif, viral images, current events, cute, visual storytelling, gif

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Father87 ! Great job on the first brisket, those are some nice pics there of the sliced goodness. Did you use Meathead's Texas Brisket techniques?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Thanks. No I didn't, it was a random last minute cook. Wish I would have injected, can't imagine it with more flavor than I had!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here