Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy from the "other" Wyoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonB
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit. Chuck roasts are very forgiving to smoke. Just look for one with the most marbling you can find. Smoke it 'till it's probe tender, (normally 203* F +), rest it in a cooler wrapped in 2 layers of foil with enough towels it take up the rest of the space. Then shred and serve on a roll with whatever you think will up the taste.

Leave a comment:

• RichieB
    replied
    Welcome from Western Massachusetts. I have a smoke, dot and thermapen mk4. Happy with all.Get lots of grill clips for the grate probe. I seem to misplace them on a regular basis. Please share pictures of your cooks.

Leave a comment:

• Argoboy
    replied
    Glad to have you join the group,I have been watching for your first post, it is well worth the price of admission. Meathead says pulled pork is a good place to start, very forgiving and less expensive too. You could also take it off around180F and slice it.

Leave a comment:

• Richard Chrz
    replied
    Welcome to the pit from La Crosse, Wi

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    Welcome from the California Delta

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    Ditto

• Elton's BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    SnS indeed!

• Elton's BBQ
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit!
    Cheers from Norway!

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    replied
    Welcome from Chico, CA. You will love it here. However, it looks like you want to compete with your wife so don't let her in on the advice you get. Always use private browsing mode on the computer while looking up recipes and techniques. HA! I would also look into getting a Slow and Sear if they make one for your unit. https://abcbarbecue.com/the-magic-of-slow-n-sear/

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    A+ advice!

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Welcome from Colorado ...
    1. Fatty cuts tend to be more forgiving than lean.
    2. Absolutely get yourself one or more leave-in digital probes. Before the Thermoworks Smoke came out, I used two ChefAlarms. Now I tend to use the Smoke.
    3. Also, get yourself an instant-read thermometer. The leave-in will tell you when it's time to start poking around with the instant-read to determine precisely when it's time to pull and serve. Personally, I favor the Thermoworks Thermapen. Their Pop is more affordable and very good also.

Leave a comment:

• Skip
    replied
    Welcome from Minnesota. Have fun with your New Grill.

Leave a comment:

• Oakgrovebacon
    replied
    Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Leave a comment:

• klflowers
    replied
    Welcome from Tennessee. Definitely get a temp monitor with 2 probes. If you can spring for a maverick xr50 with 4 probes, even better. Or go high end with a fireboard system. Whatever you start with, hanging around here will make you want more...

Leave a comment:

• holehogg
    replied
    Greetings from South Africa

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here