Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi From Roseville, California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RonB View Post
    Welcome to The Pit Charley. You are in the right place since you like both Meathead and Kenji, (Do you have his book?).
    I have been known to ask our Echo to play smooth jazz from time to time.

A little hint - members have been known to post clips of their musical talents here.
    Hi Ron!! I have Meathead’s book, Kenji’s book, and Aaron Franklin’s book. And I refer to them in about that order. They’re all excellent!

Thanks for the welcome. I’ll post some music at some point. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by smokin fool View Post
      Have Smooth Jazz on XM in the car, after a day fighting traffic on the road I just want calm driving home.
      Love to learn the sax but couldn't carry a tune if you strapped it to my back....
      I started as a lurker too, Meatheads recipes along with the knowledge from other smokers on this site has raised my game on the ole smoker.
      Awesome!! My song "J Street Groove" was on SiriusXM Watercolors recently twice a day for about a year: https://youtu.be/ob53qtb5Lmg I’d be surprised if you hadn’t heard it.

Thank you for making me feel welcome. 😊

Comment

Originally posted by klflowers View Post
        Welcome from a smooth jazz fan from TN. Soon as I get to my headphones I am going to check you out.
        Thank you!! This is my most popular song: https://youtu.be/ob53qtb5Lmg

thanks for the welcome!! Love this place!

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Chrz View Post
          Welcome to the Pit from La Crose, Wi. I am not to familiar with a lot of Jazz, I am a big fan of Chris Botti though,
          Love Chris Botti!! Thanks for the note of welcome!

Comment

Thank you so much for the nice welcome and giving me the lay of the land! 🍻

Comment

Originally posted by MBMorgan View Post
              Welcome from Colorado ... from another retired geophysicist (I can assure you that we're not related ) ...
              How awesome is that!!! My dad worked for USGS in Golden, Colorado. His specialty is earthquake seismology. When I saw your name, my heart skipped a beat because my Dad’s best friend is a geophysicist Tom Morgan. 😂 He does oil exploration, but I think he’s retired (like my dad). The difference is that Tom is a millionaire! 😂

Comment

• MBMorgan
                MBMorgan commented
                Editing a comment
                Like your dad’s friend, I took the oil and gas exploration path. I’ve always had an interest in whole earth geophysics but instead specialized in things like reflection/refraction seismology, digital signal processing, velocity analysis, time to depth conversion, direct hydrocarbon detection, reservoir characterization, etc. Sigh. Good times ...

• Charley Langer
                Charley Langer commented
                Editing a comment
                That is soooo freaking cool! I could read seismograms before I could read English. Family photos were at road-cuts with a rock hammer thrown in for scale. 😂

I believe in combining science and art. When I write a piece of music, I understand the music theory. I use that understanding in an artistic way.

Bless the hearts of friends who send me videos of the latest BBQ hacks! "Ok... should I talk about what’s happening when you put an ice cube on top of your patties to keep them moist?" 🤣😢 Nah...

• MBMorgan
                MBMorgan commented
                Editing a comment
                " Family photos were at road-cuts with a rock hammer thrown in for scale."

That’s funny. I once had a small 3” replica of an Estwing hard rock hammer (a novelty handout at an SEG conference) that made everything look HUGE in a photo.

Originally posted by ofelles View Post
              Welcome from the Delta just south of you. I have a son in Roseville. Also enjoy smooth jazz.
              Wonderful to meet you! Lemme know if you visit your son, and we can hang a bit!

Comment

Originally posted by rwalters View Post
                Welcome to the Pit neighbor. Just up the road from you in Lincoln.
                Love it!! I can see this is an active group. I was going to try to respond to everyone. Now I think that might have been an ambitious goal!! 😂

Comment

Originally posted by tbob4 View Post
                  Hello from Chico! Great intro. Thanks for it!
                  Thanks for the welcome! 😃

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal Chris View Post
                    Welcome from the southern part of the state. I actually know you from your other life. I work for Wayne Perry, Inc. in Buena Park and we have worked with you on many sites in the Sacramento area. Welcome to the forum.
                    OMGosh!!! Hi Chris! Thank you!! How fun to see what a small world this is! I love this forum!

Please give my hellos to Cristi and Dave!

Comment

Welcome from Southern California! As a musician - 25+ years as a full-time church Music Director - I love all types of music, including smooth jazz. Good to have you on board. Looking forward to exploring your music and sharing in your barbecue journey!

Comment

Originally posted by Santamarina View Post
                        Welcome from Southern California! As a musician - 25+ years as a full-time church Music Director - I love all types of music, including smooth jazz. Good to have you on board. Looking forward to exploring your music and sharing in your barbecue journey!
                        Thanks for the welcome!! I lived in LA when I was working on my music degrees. I think you’re younger than I. Where did you go to school?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

Welcome from just east of the Sierra's. You already know this is a cool place to hang and learn. I'm going to check out your music link. If you ever end up on this side of the mountain, give a shout and we could get together.

Comment

• Charley Langer
                              Charley Langer commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Thanks, my new friend!!

Well hi from modesto

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here