Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi From Roseville, California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi From Roseville, California

I’m really honored to be here!! Other than my family, my first love is music. My second love is cooking. I’m a California artsy-fartsy kinda guy.

i jokingly tell people that I’m "famous in a bubble." 😂 I have a couple songs that became Billboard hits. If you listen to "smooth jazz," you have probably heard my music:

Now that I’ve said that, you’re either impressed, or you’re thinking, "Ok. Hopefully this is his last post. Freaking Californians!"

I’ve been a lurker on this site for years. I’ve got Meathead’s book. I study this site. I’ve also become a fan of J. Kenji Lopez-Alt. I want to learn and share.

Meathead taught me to cook. My wife is eternally grateful. I’ve learned to apply what he teaches indoors and outdoors.

My parents are scientists. My dad, in particular, is a brilliant geophysicist, now retired from USGS. So... I’m an artist AND a geek!! 😂

Thank you for having me!! Here’s me, doing what I do best:

Attached Files

Welcome from Wisconsin. Glad you could join us! I'm not really artsy, but I have often been accused of being fartsy. So we have that in common.

Comment

• Charley Langer
      Charley Langer commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok... "Fartsy," that reminds me that I recently tried Meathead’s chili recipe. My family members are not generally chili fans. But I told them, "No beans. Won’t melt the roof of your mouth." They tried it. And LOVED it!!

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      BTW you've left yourself wide open for FireMan

Welcome from country music USA the mountains of NC just over the border 25 miles TN. Dolly Parton's home

Comment

Originally posted by mountainsmoker View Post
      Welcome from country music USA the mountains of NC just over the border 25 miles TN. Dolly Parton's home
      I love Dolly! I’m also a huge Alison Krauss fan. Bluegrass is kinda "country-fied" bebop, and Bela Fleck is one of my banjo heroes.

I like just about any music that is performed well! Except rap. I’m not sure what rap "performed well" sounds like. 😂 Did I just get myself kicked out? Pro’bly not! 🤣

Comment

[QUOTE=holehogg;n757537]Greetings from South Africa.

BTW you've left yourself wide open for FireMan
        [/ QUOTE]

Thank you. And... ok... is FireMan part of the welcome committee? Can’t wait to meet him. *flame suit on*

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

First off, rap performed well is rap performed well, I personally can’t tell the difference, it’s all irritating. As far as bein on a list of long time lurkers, well, there’s nothin we can do about that either. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome from North Florida, Charley. As formerly practicing scientist and lover of blues and bluegrass (we planned our summer vacation around a Balsam Range concert), I share your fandom of Meathead and Kenji.

Happy cooking!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from MA!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Charley. You are in the right place since you like both Meathead and Kenji, (Do you have his book?).
                        I have been known to ask our Echo to play smooth jazz from time to time.

A little hint - members have been known to post clips of their musical talents here.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas, Charley!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here