Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Alabama...War Eagle!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Alabama...War Eagle!

My name is Jed and I was born and raised in Decatur, AL. Home of Big Bob Gibson BBQ and Chris Lilly. I've lived off white sauce since I was a kid and I had no idea it was an unusual sauce until I got older and started cooking. I've been smoking BBQ for several years now. I've been a pellet head so far but I'm getting the itch to branch out. Looking forward to learning even more from this site. Thanks
    Attached Files

Howdy! Are you certain you're not an Aggie? I mean, posting a pic upside down ....

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jed! Please take a moment to read my Welcome letter and Tips topics located here. Tip #1 will help you with filling out that Signature!

Don't let Boftx scare you off. They only let him out for an hour a day so he's usually cranky when he's posting. LOL

I'm from Bama myself (Clanton). I'm also an Auburn Grad. WAR EAGLE!

Comment

• boftx
        boftx commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey! I'm only cranky when I don't have enough Scotch. Besides, I was only callin' it as I sees it.

Welcome to the the pit. Always glad to see folks from the SEC joining in. GEAUX TIGERS

Comment

I would guess people could guess my CFB allegiance.

Comment

Hum, upside down photo... I turned my head... good looking ribs. How did you prep and cook these bad boys?

Comment

Welcome Jed! Been to Decatur a few times. Gibson's is great and love the Brick too!

Comment

Welcome, Jed. Roll Tide, but welcome to the Pit. I'm from Greensboro many years ago.

Comment

Not sure why that picture posted upside down but if I was an Aggie I wouldn't have even been able to get a picture on here. I cooked those spare ribs with Rufus Teague rub and Blues Hog sauce. If I try to edit my signature on my Mac computer it won't let me type in the box and when I try on my iPhone I get an error message when I try to post. Any suggestions?

Comment

• boftx
                  boftx commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Uhh, don't use Apple products in the first place?

Originally posted by Earls71 View Post
                Not sure why that picture posted upside down but if I was an Aggie I wouldn't have even been able to get a picture on here. I cooked those spare ribs with Rufus Teague rub and Blues Hog sauce. If I try to edit my signature on my Mac computer it won't let me type in the box and when I try on my iPhone I get an error message when I try to post. Any suggestions?
                Macs are known to have an issue with the edit signature field. If you send me your Signature I'll load it into your profile for you. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

• boftx
                  boftx commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hate to admit this, but I am using a Macbook Pro (not by choice!) because of work with OS X 10.9.4 and have not had any problems like what others have reported with the sig. You might want to see if it is related to a particular version of OS X. (I also use Safari to access this site, so I don't know if it might be browser related.)

• Jon Solberg
                  Jon Solberg commented
                  Editing a comment
                  First WELCOME Jed.

Second Uhh, don't use Safari products in the first place? just sayin hehehe

• David Parrish
                  David Parrish commented
                  Editing a comment
                  It could definitely also be a browser dependence.

Jed Welcome!! I am from Georgia, born there, and raised in South Florida. I have a closed friend that lives in Decator, AL and go and see him every year or so. You will like it and fit right in here. I look forward to your posts and threads with pics. It's all good.

Comment

Hi Jed, I'm using a MacBook air with Safari and had no problems. Sounds like a browser issue to me. Welcome to the Pit.

Dave

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here