Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A new member hello from California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huntington Beach welcomes you sir and your green huevo.

Thats a fine piece of equipment. Take your time and learn your equipment. Don’t get discouraged and keep asking questions.
    Folks around here will do you right.

Good food is in your future.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. I don’t have an Egg so can’t help much there but there are lots of helpful people here. Have fun with those little ones.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota. Give it time and you will master your BGE. Keep practising and reading on this wonderful site.

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! Already getting good advice here from seasoned pros. Practice, practice, practice—best way to learn, and you can eat every one of them!
          Last edited by Texas Larry; September 22, 2019, 10:03 PM.

Comment

Can’t help with the BGE, but I can offer you a welcome as a fellow Southern Californian!

As you’re no doubt discovering this is an outstanding resource for learning. Everyone started somewhere, and you’re now on an incredible culinary journey!

Welcome to The Pit!
            Last edited by Santamarina; September 22, 2019, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Welcome from Wisconsin!
              The most important thing to learn,IMHO, is that you will screw up and turn what was once perfectly good meat into something that is no longer suitable to be called "food". It's just part of the process of learning, and makes for a good story down the road when you and your friends are sitting down and enjoying that wonderful hunk of meat you just absolutely nailed. In the meantime, just keep the number for the local pizza place on speed dial until you get more comfortable.

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Hey der over der. Why doncha go on over to the interducin yerself & interduce yerself. Welcome! 🕶

• willxfmr
                willxfmr commented
                Editing a comment
                Fer cry eye. I was gonna go by der and do that, but you know how she goes....

Not much needs to be said that hasn’t been said already. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from another member in Los Angeles!

Comment

Make sure to check out this thread for everything Kamado. There is tons of great information to get you rolling with that BGE. You are going to love it. There are fantastic.

Comment

Welcome from the Republic of Texas, we're glad you're here. You chose THE site for all things barbecue!! Congrats on your BGE purchase, enjoy that fine cooker. For your next purchase, I strongly recommend you pick up a good thermo device to check your internal temperatures while cooking. The biggest reason for folks not having success in preparations has to do with heat and time. The right time to pull off that succulent piece of meat is going to be determined by the internal temperature. You're going to see a lot of reference to that in recipes posted here.

Although a bit pricey, I suggest a good Thermopen be added to your cooking arsenal as soon as possible.....

https://www.thermoworks.com/Thermape...SABEgK-b_D_BwE

Again thanks for joining, let us see some of your cooks once you get settled in !!!!

Comment

Welcome from Oregon! Good luck with the ribs today! Remember to take pictures or it didn't happen 😜

Comment

Welcome from MA!

Comment

Here we go first cook!- dry salt brine, rub and a pic from 2 hours into the cook! The egg is closer to 250/275 and I almost have the vents shut! Just rolling with it and seeing how it goes!
                          Attached Files

Comment

Vents been this closed almost all day. Why is the temp so hot. Not sure how much more I can really close them. Been over 250 since almost the start of cooking. About 3+ hours into St. Louis ribs
                            Attached Files

Comment

I don’t have a BGE but from googling images it appears the thermometer is near the dome. In my kettle there can be over a 100 degree difference between the dome and the grate level. A BGE is probably more even than a kettle but I’m sure the dome is still hotter than grate level.

275-300 is fine, the ribs will just be done sooner. For this cook just go with it. Someone with BGE experience can give you more specific advice.

Comment

• HotHand
                                HotHand commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Thanks! Gonna roll with it and see how we net out

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here