Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie from Blue Mounds, WI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from Blue Mounds, WI

Good Evening,

I have been grilling/smoking on my BGE's for about 15 years. This week I purchased a RecTec after being encouraged by my son and his experience. The RecTec user forum recommended this forum. That's how I got here. Now I am wondering how far down the rabbit hole I have fallen.

Been looking over a few of the channels as I wait for my pellet smoker. I stumbled upon the Spirits channel and the ageing of Bourbon in new oak barrels. This BBQ hobby is great fun and a learning experience every cook, but the rabbit trails are brutal and getting expensive.

I sent him a link to the Meat-Up in Memphis event next July. Next thing I know we are signed up with our wives to attend. Father and son do the BBQ and Mom and DIL see the sites. DIL used to live in Memphis.

Yeah, so my son and I in addition to BBQ cooking, we both like Bourbon. Soooooooo, I think we will be getting barrels for Christmas.

I'm pretty sure my bride will not allow the barrel in her kitchen, will have to go in the basement.

Thanks to all on this forum. I am overwhelmed with all of the information and help that is offered. Looking forward to being a part of it.

There's some incredibly smart, talented, intelligent, an even gifted folks here, but dang yer luck, I was th first to respond!

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Lookin Forward to learnin along with ya, an from ya!

Comment

Mr. Bones - Welcome from Colorado ... sounds like you’re in good company ... (don’t listen to Bonesy whenever he under represents himself). 😎
      Last edited by MBMorgan; September 20, 2019, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
        Mr. Bones commented
        Editing a comment
        C'mon, now MBMorgan
        Whole Wide World knows, by now, I'd haveta reckon, I ain't got me nuthin but a Learner's Permit...
        Nonetheless, thanks fer yer kind words, on my behalf, Amigo!
        Much Appreciated.

Heh, heh, heh, hehhhhh! Wabbit hole huh? Expensive ya think huh? Are you in fer a surprise! Ca Ching, ca Ching, MCS is well on its way & you gots it. Poke around a bit & you’ll find out what it stands for. Or one of our eager members won’t wait to tell ya. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Fond du Lac, WI.!
        If you thought Mr. B was bad luck, you'll really be sorry shape with me.
        I think you are going to like your pellet pooper. I know I enjoy mine.
        There is a ton of information here, and some of it is even useful.
        Seriously, just take some time to soak up the vast amount of information you can get from this site, and never be afraid to ask if you have a question. Just be sure to NEVER ask "what kind of smoker is the best?" It can take weeks for the fires to die down from those conversations.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Boy, are you in for some fun...

Comment

Welcome! You will have so much fun here! (And your food will taste amazing!)

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC. You have joined a good bunch.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Luscombe
                Cheers from Norway

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from MA!

Comment

What can I say? Welcome to fun in the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from North Florida. Just keep telling the family that although these rabbit holes are a bit pricey, they get to share in the bounty from what you learn.

Comment

Howdy from the fort! I grew up in Racine.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here