Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Warrenton, MO!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Warrenton, MO!

Hello to all! I got my first smoker, a Brinkmann AIO Propane/Charcoal bullet model about 2 years ago. It was one of the many offerings I had to chose from as a 20 year gift from the company I work for. I didn't take long to get hooked on the smoke and I smoked an 18lb turkey in it the first year. Best turkey I've ever made (at that point). I found a Bradley on CL for $135 that had never even been smoked in about a year into it. My poor gas grill sat covered for the better part of two years (to the delight of everyone who enjoyed my new "hobby"). This past year's turkey came straight from Meatheads post, I'll never cook a whole turkey again, just because it's so much fun to say I spatchcocked it. I'm sorry, what was that? what did you say? Oh, Spatchcock. NO gramma, I'm sure that's what it's called.
    This week I stopped and picked up a GMG DB. Bill, my local dist was great and talked about he grill quite a bit and shared his experiences as a GMG owner, both pros and cons (with fixes). It rained hard the first two days, so I only updated the Firmware on my new grill (geek in heaven here I have to be honest). Last night I stopped at the local Kroger and picked up a sampling of GrBeef, Pork Steaks, Chicken Breasts, Brats, Heb Nat Dogs, a ribeye, and a 6 pack (reinforcements) then called my buddy over.

Day one didn't go without hiccups but the smiles and quiet in the kitchen afterwards let me know I made a good choice with the GMG. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and share in this great hobby. Which BTW has brought my family closer; they never mind driving out to sample what I'm trying this weekend. Even my 70 years young aunt braved the last snow storm for prime rib in the bradley. Can't wait for her to make me a pot of beef and dumplings with that condensed beef broth we boiled down from the trimmings and bones. The PR was tasty, very tasty - and she brought a pillow so coffee was extra sweet the next morning. That right there was worth way more than the $25 membership.

It's Friday......Happy Grillin' Pitmasters!
    Rog

Welcome to the Pit rknight68. I've only got 2 grills (so far). A 26" Weber Kettle and a large Big Green Egg. Looking forward to some photos!

Comment

Hello rk. Welcome

Comment

Welcome, sounds like you do a lot of grilling, looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

Welcome Rog! We're glad you're here. I like the tagline in your sig!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, RK. I agree with Pit Boss. I like your tag line!

Comment

Welcome RK. Did you purchase that Bradley you saw on CL? I have a Bradley and I can tell you that $135 is a REALLY good price for it.

Comment

You're right JeffJ, it was a CL steal for sure. It looked brand new. The guys wife hated it, so a win for me! I used it this weekend as a warmer and still hooe to use it often.

Comment

Welcome aboard rknight68, I have a brother that lives in Columbia, Mo.

Comment

Welcome Rog, glad you are here and thanks for your support.

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                      Welcome, sounds like you do a lot of grilling, looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

• abscam
                        abscam commented
                        Editing a comment
                        ham looks awesome. never done one, but looking forward to it.

welcome aboard

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here