Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the San Joaquin Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the San Joaquin Valley

Click image for larger version

Name:	FC17D909-A014-4317-9F63-5A83767F09D4.jpeg
Views:	198
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	740791 Have been reading almost daily all the recent posts and a lot of the science from Meathead. So much information so little time. I wish I would’ve found this site long ago. My experience with bbq is put it on and when you think it’s done take it off, if its still bloody put it back on or nuke it. I’m not very good at bbg but since I’ve been here I’m 100% better. Still have a long way to go, I’ll never catch up with all of you. The idea of dry brining has helped a lot. I can now do a decent steak. I have a Weber 22” and since this site have purchased a SNS. Best thing I ever did. My Treager gave up the ghost and I’m not sure I’ll replace it now although the 22” is too small at times. When I first read about the Alabama White Sauce I was very skeptical about trying. White sauce to me sounded awful. But we decided to give it a try and glad we did. It was a great experience. Thanks so much for all the great information, hope somewhere down the way I can contribute.

Welcome to The Pit Ronald.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Glad your on board!

Comment

Welcome! Glad you made it! Around here we like grilling our chops, not busting yours. If there is any such thing as a silly question I figure I have already cornered the market. So you go right ahead and ask anything you want, we're all friendly.
            Looking forward to learning right along with you!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from sunny SoCal.
                I’ve not tried that sauce yet so you’re one up on me.

Comment

Well, sounds to me that you just contributed, fine pics & all! If you improved a hunnert percent in over two months, imagine what you will be like in another 12 mos. Noticed the "we" in your post, cool. Enjoy your ride, eat good and have fun! 🕶

Comment

• Ronaldf123
                    Ronaldf123 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, the we includes the wife. She had never heard of the white sauce either and agreed to go along with my experiment. Will definitely do it again.

Welcome from south Texas! Great looking yard bird! Have not done the white sauce yet, but want to, and you’re tempting me now.

Comment

• Ronaldf123
                    Ronaldf123 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You won’t be disappointed.

Welcome from Florida!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg. This site made a huge difference to the way I cook things as well enjoy.

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC. For the Weber you can get a upper grill expanding your capacity. Mine makes a big difference when feeding a crowd. I really enjoy reading through the free side. Here is the Hovergrill I use plus they show a few others. https://www.amazon.com/Smokenator-OS...=1567954554322

Comment

• Ronaldf123
                            Ronaldf123 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That looks like a great idea but they say it’s unavailable.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here