Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking it in the REAL OC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking it in the REAL OC

Howdy,

My name is Lynn (Male with Female spelling)

I reside in the REAL OC with my wife of 38 years. I have lived in OC since 1969

The reason I joined was not for the great recipes. It was because this is the first group that I have found that has an intellect based approach to something that is passion of mine.

My wife worked for our school district in Food Services while she was getting her teaching degree/credential. Every day she would come home and share with me some new tidbit about safe food handling. And this is the first group where this seems to be considered and talked about.

I like to know why something I am doing works or does not work and why it makes things react the way they do. I don't just want to follow a recipe I want to KNOW what I am doing.

I have been grilling for more than 40 years and for the past few years I have been using a Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill that I loved. learned about convection cooking and managing smoke to enhance the flavor. I recently (last month) acquired a Camp Chef.

So far I have done five tri-tips, salsa, burnt tips, corn on the cob, ribs and some other things with very good results.

Today I am doing wings, roasted potatoes, salsa, and bacon apple krisp.

Between the smoker and the pool I think some of my kids want to move back home with their kids.

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ... I gotta admit I had to google "the REAL OC". I assume Laguna Beach is correct?

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Greetings from up the road in Altadena.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Originally posted by MBMorgan View Post
                Welcome from Colorado ... I gotta admit I had to google "the REAL OC". I assume Laguna Beach is correct?
                Well, rlly Westminster. Grew up in Irvine from 69-88 then moved to Westminster. Laguna Beach is nice but I about the only time I go there is for the festival or passing through on a motorcycle.

Comment

Originally posted by theroc View Post
                  Greetings from up the road in Altadena.
                  Thanks! My wife spent her pre-teen years in La Crescenta and you have one of the finest motorcycling roads there ion your backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by ofelles View Post
                    Welcome from the California Delta
                    Thanks. I work remote but we have ourt offices in Woodland Hills so once or twice a month I drive through your area.

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC It is always nice to know where a member is from. You will enjoy the Camp Chef for your smokes. It sounds like we are of an age. I have been smoking on various devices for 40 years. What ever you do have fun and do not be discouraged if things come out bad the first couple of smokes.

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you sir!
                        "The Real OC?" Hmmmm.....

Born n raised in Santa Ana. 8th/civic center and Raitt. Moved between Orange, Tustin and Newport over the years. Met my current wife who moved me to HB and I never looked back.

I currently work in Newport just off Newport Blvd and PCH.

welcome.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from the Heart of Dixie (my license plates used to say that anyway!)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here