Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the DC area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard. What are you or will you be cookin on? Eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome! Glad you made it! Congratulations on the house! Around here we like grilling our chops, not busting yours. If there is any such thing as a silly question I figure I have already cornered the market. So you go right ahead and ask anything you want, we're all friendly.

Comment

Welcome from Winnipeg.

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Huntington Beach welcomes you sir.

im expecting a DC girl and her hubby over for burgers n wings shortly. Must be in the air. Half of my side is from Hyattsville.

Comment

Welcome from MoCo, MD!!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by FireMan View Post
                  Welcome aboard. What are you or will you be cookin on? Eat good and have fun!
                  I just got myself a Weber Spirit II and after cooking on it once (it did a great job) and cleaning it, the ignition system won't work now. So I'm going back to the drawing board and see if I want to go for the Genesis line or go Charcoal.

Comment

• jumbo7676
                    jumbo7676 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm in Centreville, VA and have found lots of deals on grills/smokers on Facebook Marketplace in this area. But beware the temptation that comes with being Pit membership and access to cheap grills. I was happy with a pellet grill and a Spirit. Then I suddenly found myself adding a Weber Kettle, two Weber Performers, a 14" Weber Smokey Mountain, and a Genesis (to upgrade the Spirit which I will sell). Went quickly from 2 cookers to 7 cookers + 1 unhappy wife. Such is life in the Pit.

• danielmeyerson
                    danielmeyerson commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah, I'm definitely trying to make sure that my wife continues to support my grilling habit, so I'm restraining from getting all of the shiny things I want.

As of right now, in order to limit my purchasing, I'm leaning towards getting a 26" Webel Kettle and a slow n' sear (already have the tools and the Maverick XR50 thermometer) so I can have flexibility with the amount of grill area, and some space for smoking.

• KarchyBBQ
                    KarchyBBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I have the 26” kettle with standard slow n sear. It’s a pretty great setup. I think the SnS XL would likely be a little more fuel efficient but I like the extra space particularly when I add the expansion grate.

Cheers form the Fort!

Comment

Welcome from Farmville, Va...

Comment

Hello from Pittsburgh!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here