Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Murrieta, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Murrieta, CA

Hello Everyone,
    I am Bill Devine from Murrieta, CA.
    I am a Vietnam Era Navy Veteran and work in the Aerospace industry for General Atomics, Aeronautical Systems where we manufacture the Predator, Reaper and Avenger unmanned air vehicles. I have been working in the electronics industry for more than 40 years and in fields of Vibration Monitoring, Cell Phones (Nokia) and Aerospace. Married to my second wife, Mila have a son, daughter, step daughter and 2 grandchildren. I have a Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science and an Associates' in Electronics Technology plus 3 years towards a degree in Media Art and Animation. Besides making Pastrami I am a 3D Printing Enthusiast and own 7 3D Printers.

I typically like to make Pastrami on my Weber Smokey Mountain 18" smoker.
    I started with the recipe found here on AmazingRibs.com (Like Katz's), over the past few years I have been refining the recipe and my Friend who orders Pastrami regularly from Katz say that it is really close now almost to the point that he cannot tell in a side by side comparison. Once I have made sure that this is repeatable I will post my full updated recipe and process so others can enjoy.

Welcome from Colorado, Bill ...

Comment

Welcome from the Delta. Have you even tried 3D printing a Pastrami?

Comment

Welcome to the fun in the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! Glad you’re here!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. 7 3D printers! I thought I was doing well when I spent a grand on a printer to create a part for a patio umbrella that cost me <$100; and my wife thought it was a good idea🙂

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Bill.

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from TN, and thanks for introducing us to MPS. As if we need another syndrome...

Comment

• Donw
                    Donw commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are right. Bill created another syndrome and I think I’m catching it. MPS - More Printers Syndrome. Maybe with the right attachments I could make my own tri-tips.🤔

• HouseHomey
                    HouseHomey commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Donw or Hips. 😃

Look up and try the QVQ version of pastrami in the sous vide subchannel. We call it Better Than Katz's

And welcome from deep in the heart of Texas !!!

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Hi Bill from another VN Navy Vet Officer I now am retired and live in the mountains of NC and am enjoying life again without the hate I came back to and from the cold war where I had Russian planes buzzing the ship at 300 feet in the Black Sea.

The 70's were a terrible time to be in the service.

Comment

welcome from La Crosse Wi.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI. And thank you for your service.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from another Nam era vet in sunny AZ.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here