Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New and very excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New and very excited

Hey everyone, Josh here, I've been looking through amazingribs.com for several months now and finally decided to join the pit after getting my first smoker for my birthday. I was having dinner with my parents a couple weeks ago and I mentioned wanting to get a Pit Barrel Cooker this summer so my fiancé and I could try our hands at smoking...my Dad is apparently a good listener and one magically arrived yesterday. I can't wait to get started.
    I live a few minutes outside of Buffalo, NY and spend most of my free time fishing, hunting, tying flies and playing with our Lab puppy. Let the smoking games begin!

Coolness. Welcome and thanks for the support!!

I got about 60 pounds of brisket to cook in my Pit Barrel this week. I start with 4 tomorrow.

I can't wait for deer season. Getting an XCalibur crossbow this summer. Been shooting compounds for 22 years. Time for something different.

Comment

Welcome, have some family up in Buffalo, never seem to make it up there due to the weather.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I bet if Jim Kelley, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, et. al. were still playing, somehow the weather would be more of "part of the experience" rather than an excuse.

• _John_
        _John_ commented
        Editing a comment
        I hate cold, I have Chiefs season tickets and the last few games are too cold for me

Welcome to The Pit JTK ! Next up I'd ask about a vacation home in Hawaii...if your folks are that good of listeners. Ha! Anyway congrats on the new toy. There's no shortage of experts on the PBC here, you're in great hands.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos if you haven't already read through it.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here