Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from Italy

Hi everyone! I'm a BBQ enthusiast from Italy, and I'm really glad to have joined this community.
    I started a couple of years ago buying my Weber Compact Kettle, which is still my current BBQ. At first it was just grilled steaks, vegetables and fish (living by the sea is good!), but I slowly began reading about low'n'slow and indirect grilling, so I used more and more my little kettle for its original purpose. And this year I successfully managed to cook my first pulled porks, and family and friends tell me they never ate meat as good as the one made in my backyard.
    I still have a lot to learn, and I'm willing to.

Welcome from Minnesota USA. Enjoy The Pit!

Comment

Welcome from a half Italian American in Massachusetts! There is tons on this site to learn. I also recommend the Book, Meathead, The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling and reading the technical sections of this forum and the main site. Lots of good information there.

Comment

• Garese
        Garese commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh I have the book, thank you! It's on my desk in the living room and I use it to bother wife and friends. They don't complain very much, as long as they eat

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
      Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Benvenuto nella Pit de Chicago... from an Italian culture fan. Where in Italy? Have visited a couple times to various places and always looking to return.

Comment

• Garese
          Garese commented
          Editing a comment
          From the northeastern coast, province of Ferrara!

• Potkettleblack
          Potkettleblack commented
          Editing a comment
          Beautiful country and a beautiful city at the center. Made it as close to you as Padova on our last trip, before turning northwest for Torino, Alba/Asti and Courmayeur.

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! Great to have you here.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. Now you need to cook some Italian recipes in your Weber. Maybe some smoked marinara sauce?

Comment

• Garese
              Garese commented
              Editing a comment
              That's funny, I actually started with something completely not Italian, since low'n'slow isn't really typical around here...

Yes Garese, keep em eatin’! It’s so good to see you giving that "little kettle" a workout. Size of the Fire matters not, except for volume. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

• Garese
              Garese commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks! So far, I managed to feed 12 people with a little planning. I originally bought the Compact to try if BBQ could be something I could do (yep!), so I'm keeping it until it lasts, which could be long since it's a Weber.

Welcome to the Pit! Yes, those kettles will last with a little care.

Comment

Welcome from the state of Tennessee!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Benvenuto from Tejas !!

Comment

Welcome from Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here