Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Novice in Michiana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Novice in Michiana

I'm Mark from northern Indiana (called Michiana around here) and have only been seriously grilling/BBQing for about the last 10 years. By seriously I mean reading cookbooks on "How to ..." and visiting this website (as opposed to the more manly trial-and-error method). The result is that family, friends and co-workers consider me somewhat of an "expert". What that means is they expect me to make something on whatever equipment they might have whenever I'm invited to anything. Which is why I'm giving this Pitmaster Club a try. I'll be asking questions on things I need to know for making "whatever" on a "You-Name-It 3000".

All I have is my old tried-and-true Weber Charcoal Kettle grill plus a Charbroil Quickset Traditional 3-burner gas grill (my brother-in-law won it in a raffle at work but lived in an apartment at the time and couldn't use it, so he gave it to me). Since visiting this website I have also picked up the Slow'N'Sear and a Maverick ET-732 thermometer. I'm no expert, but some of my adventures in BBQing are shown below (St. Louis Cut Spare Ribs, Beef Ribs, Brisket).

Click image for larger version

Name:	1-Ribs.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	734870Click image for larger version

Name:	2-Beef Ribs.JPG
Views:	200
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	734868Click image for larger version

Name:	3-Brisket.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	734869

Welcome to the Pit! Those are great pics (pics are a necessity here) and the cooks look spot on! Glad to have you!

Comment

The expert thing will be heightened quite a few times after awhile in the Pit. You will be amazed. Welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

Greetings from South Africa.
        lots of knowledge to tap into in the Pit so fire away.

Comment

By the looks of ur goods I be thinking some of us around here will be asking you fer advice
          This place is an awesome source for solid information
          welcome aboard

Comment

Welcome from South Louisiana !

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! From your pics it looks like you got the hang of it.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. Glad you are here.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mark.

Comment

Welcome fellow Hoosier!

Comment

Wow! All these responses on an early Sunday morning! Thanks everyone!

Comment

Welcome from Colorado, Mark ...

Comment

Hello Hoosier friend. Welcome. Nice looking pics. Keep 'em coming!

Comment

Welcome! Go Irish! With the kettle and the gasser, and S&S and Maverick, you got what you need.

Second paragraph, first sentence: nice sentence. I like the way the clauses work together. It is the exact way to describe what you wanted.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here