Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Quebec member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Quebec member

Hello amazingribs community!

First, excuse my english in advance. I am french speaking and my writing in another language might be hasardeous sometimes.

I came around amazingribs.com recently as I was reaserching info about competition ribs recipes and technics.

A group of friend and I have competed in a local backyard BBQ competition last july... and won! The prize was a 22 inch Weber charcoal grill (featuring with me on my upside down profile pix - don't know how I manage to do that reverse thing), and an entry to another competition september 14.

We already know that we will have to cook ribs, chicken wings, an apple dessert and some mystery meat (we don't know yet if it's only the meat or if there is going to be some ingredients with it).

Since our wings in the first competition won 1st prize, we are gonna keep that recipe for the second competition (yes, we are that bold). I think we are on the right path with the ribs (thanks to all of the contributors here) and are working hard to find THE apple recipe to be cook on a charcoal grill. Any advice you might have for us about that mystery meat are welcome.

The competition consist of 10 or 11 teams of 4 persons each, the organisers provides all the same grills, chimneys, hardwood charcoal and meat to all the teams. Then you have to present your cooking to 5 judges in a precise period of time. It's friendly to the point that they help you start your fire if you need to...

I don't have any pix of the first competition, but you would be surprise to see what our burgers looks like when we got them off the grill (anybody knows about the Maillard reaction? Well we do now).

The hardest part seems to be getting along with all the team members when it's time to choose wich recipe to go with. It take a good amount of letting go. Still working on that part.

I will keep you informed on how we will do on septembre 14. Keeping my fingers crossed (wich explain all the typos you will find in my post).

Bonne journée à tous!

Welcome from Winnipeg!

Comment

Welcome from Tennessee. Don't worry about the writing in English - it is my only language and I still mess it up.

Comment

• FireMan
        FireMan commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes he does! 🕶

Welcome to the Pit from sunny Phoenix!

Comment

Ya did OK in yer spellin. We will continue to monitor it though, cuz it could be of concern. Now you bein upside down is another thing. It just might drive some of us nuts. Welcome, eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Have to agree that upside down pic is disturbing but keep coming back anyway. Welcome from the California Delta.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
              ComfortablyNumb commented
              Editing a comment
              Disturbing? I'd say talented as I would have passed out by now! ;-)

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas, Texas, USA!

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC. I worked for a company up there. I loved the sandwich which is like our pastrami. it has been 20 years or more.

For your kettle look into getting a DigiQ with Viper fan or Fireboard with fan. also a Smoke and Sear or Smokenator to hold the coals. Also add an upper rack. These will allow you to maintain a perfect temp and perfect temp over time.

I did ribs last week and the DigiQ held the Weber 22 at 250 for the 5 hour cook. The St. Louis ribs were pull off the bone tendet.

Post ReplyPreview

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ... don’t worry about your English (you should hear my attempts at "French" 🗽).

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! As you probably know that Weber kettle can do marvelous things once you've figured out how to maintain a selected temp. Lots of us have them and don't need anything more fancy then 3 binder clips and a good digital thermometer.
                  Last edited by HawkerXP; August 19, 2019, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Bonjour, bienvenue, welcome from south Texas!

Comment

• FireMan
                      FireMan commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oui.

Welcome to The Pit Audrey.

Comment

Me flunc unglesh….dats umpassibull….
                      I learned French from Pepe Le Pew on Sat morning cartoonies.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Congrats on yer previous comp, an best of luck on yer upcomin one!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here