Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

greetings from the midsouth, i finally paid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

greetings from the midsouth, i finally paid...

After lurking around for years and improving my skills from this wonderful site, I took the plunge and finally paid! SORRY!!! I go by leydachef. My wife named me leydachef, (it was my nickname of chef lay, because I always tell helpers to lay that there or lay that here etc.) and after hearing a family story told by my father and brothers and sisters (9) after drinking way too much adult beverages and having a cooking jacket (she calls it that, it is a chef coat); that she bought me and it was misspelled at the monogram place. The story is based on my first failed relationship at age 13. My first girlfriend and I was madly in love!! But I was mistaken! She then broke up with me and I cried. My family was sitting around the ole bbq when I got off the bus and I was crying, and asked what was wrong? I told them all what happened and they started laughing and my grandfather said: boy you ain't good looking so you better start cooking and handed my the tongs. I then found out that an ole ugly boy like me has never been without friends or companions since I learned to cook palatable food. Been cooking ever since. No I am not a professional chef. I am my bride's personal and private chef, gofer, house keeper, handyman and other things now that I am fully retired! I am retired U.S. Air Force, and now I am also a retired business owner, (wine and spirits stores). I have a lot of cooking equipment and my passion is outside cooking, although I love to cook inside as well. My outside cookers are include: a large off set stick burner, a homemade 3/8 inch thick charcoal barrel for high heat only, a repurposed piece of junk stainless steel 8 gas burner, (turned it into a wood/charcoal burner! The stainless steel was awesome so why throw it away! I also own my favorite go to: a 22 inch weber kettle with the table, also a site built block and brick pit with steel cover large enough to do whole hogs, and am adding a site built wood fired oven. One last thing, I am a proud father of 2 sons, and a grandparent. One of my sons is a wounded warrior and he loves to cook as well and we share loads of therapy time (no adult beverages now) together in our back yard cooking.

Welcome, sounds like quite the arsenal you have there. I have just recently gotten into outdoor cooking (good at it anyway), I have LOU, Late Onset Ugliness, I was good looking until about 25 so I didn't get started as early as you.
    Thank you and your son for your service from a jarhead!

Comment

Welcome!!!!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit leydachef ! Fun intro post there. Lots of nice gear you have!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here