Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie from CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie from CA

Hello Everyone. I am new to the world of BBQ, yes I was one that thought chicken and steaks on a gas grill was considered about the only type of BBQ. Anyhow, after finding this place and a few other sites I have gotten into low and slow over the past year or so. I just purchased a Pit Barrel which is my first ever smoker. I attended a few CBBQA events for fun and am excited to try my hands at smoking. I just finished my first chicken cook on the Pit and am going to do some spares this weekend.

If I had to choose my favorite BBQ food it would be beef ribs. I still have not found any good beef back bones and most of the short ribs have been chopped to bite size morsels around here. I hope to land a good beef rack from a butcher and try that out on the Pit Barrel. The wife likes pulled pork so that will probably be my next cook.

Excited to be here and learn as I go...

Cheers,
    Daniel

Welcome Daniel! We're glad you're here. Great barbecue awaits!

Comment

Welcome, Daniel. I'm also in CA (Studio City), and also have a PBC. Having a lot of fun with it. Anyway, I don't know where in CA you are, but there are a bunch of people here with good lines on butchers all over the place. Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. You'll be amazed at the amount of info here that'll take your que to the next level many times over.

Comment

Dpsphotos... Welcome to the tribe. The best place to buy beef and pork in California is Costco. Most of their selection is usda Choice and they sometimes have Prime. Bristol Farms has a better high end selection of wagyu but they are more expensive on all grades than Costco.

Comment

Welcome dpsphotos ! Glad to have you here in The Pit, and thank you your support. As soon as Jerod Broussard hears you mention the PBC he'll come running blowing a party whistle and flinging confetti, he's the PBC guru. Lol. There are lots of folks here who can get you on the road to pro-quality results on that device.

I too loooove beef ribs!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

ha ha ha ha ha Huskee

The family here doesn't care for beef ribs much. I think the quality of those is lacking compared to what we get in pork. I know if we had some quality short plates it would at least be a little different.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here