Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just moved from Boston to Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from central Texas. Most of the heb stores have good shrimp and they will steam them while you wait for free. I take an ice chest and a bag of ice every time we go there just for the shrimp.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Don't blame you for leaving bean town. By the way, you might want to hold off tellin any Texans about your bean connection. Anyway, I've strayed. I understand someone can only stand living in a town with a loosing football team for so long. New Jersey is a lot closer than Texas. Go Giants! welcome!

Comment

Definitely make the trek to Franklin Barbecue at least once. I was just there a few weeks ago on vacation. The food is exceptional. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...nklin-barbecue

On a separate note, if you enjoy fine spirits (whiskey, rum etc.) Check out the Austin Shaker. They are an independently owned liquor store, and they have a great selection. Also, if you are into whiskey, check out the Wizard Academy, they are the home base of the YouTube channel - The Whiskey Vault. They have their own craft distillery, and their property is done in a Spanish Mission style, and it's really beautiful.

Comment

When the weather cools off a bit get out of town and go to the Salt Lick in Driftwood. They do open pit style, and you can watch. The restaurant and grounds are beautiful.

Oh, yes, and they also have a winery.

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
            LA Pork Butt commented
            Editing a comment
            Good choice!

Click image for larger version

Name:	9FE238E8-A8DB-41B6-9590-921E30A78D4D.jpeg
Views:	150
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	727910

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Enjoy yer new home, there in Texas!

Comment

Lucky you! La Barbs is my favorite BBQ spot that I have ever been too. I was fortunate enough to meet Leeaan and I spent some time with her, and her passion is very real and it shines in the food!

Comment

Welcome to the pit! More BBQ ideas: Snow's in Lexington and Louie Mueller's in Taylor. Both are must-try if you want the full Central Texas BBQ experience.

One place I want to try the next time I'm in Austin is Bangers. It is a sausage based restaurant.

My mom is from Scituate, Mass. Thanks to her I make some good Boston Baked Beans, clam chowder, and I know what Yorkshire Pudding is (I like it better than mashed potatoes with a good roast beef).
                Last edited by 58limited; August 10, 2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here