Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Colorado

Hi everyone,

My name's David. I recently bought my first pellet smoker, a Camp Chef SmokePro LUX 36, to celebrate buying our first house. I have to admit, until I started doing my research for buying a BBQ, I didn't know the difference between grilling and BBQ, and knew nothing about low-and-slow cooking. So this is all new to me and I'm enjoying the learning process so far.

This site has been a great resource for me these last few months. I love that it goes into the science of why some techniques work. I've already tried a couple recipes and techniques from here. My wife loved the tri-tip. I'll be smoking pork ribs this weekend.

Equipment, so far:

* Camp Chef SmokePro LUX 36 pellet smoker.
    * Thermoworks Thermapen instant-read thermometer.
    * Thermoworks Smoke 2-channel probe thermometer.
    * Thermoworks IRK-2 IR thermometer.

Welcome to the pit from another part of Colorado

Comment

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta

Comment

• kauschovar
          kauschovar commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm originally from the Bay Area. In case you like Mexican food, one of my favorite places is near you: New Mecca Cafe in Pittsburg. I love their bean dip.
          Last edited by kauschovar; August 10, 2019, 01:33 PM.

• ofelles
          ofelles commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks I have been there. It is good.

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! We are happy to have you here.

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. It’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visiting https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Great Giveaway Monthly Sweepstakes winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support to our community. People like you make this whole thing possible!

Keep the Smoke Rollin’ !

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome from a few miles south of Denver...

Comment

Welcome from TN

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Huntington Beach, CA!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

Welcome from a Colorado Springs transplanted to Arizona member!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from La Crosse Wi. Sounds like you have a nice line up of cooking tools already! Looking forward to seeing your cooks.

Comment

Welcome from the mountains of NC

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here