Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoking in MA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking in MA

Hi all, thanks for having what seems to be a pretty great club. I’ve used the site for years and thought i should join the club to learn more, get more help, and hopefully assist some others along the way. I’m located in MA and BBQ at least several times a week on average.

My primary grill is a Webber gas however it doesn’t see as much use these days. Thanks to this site I bought a pit barrel cooker several years ago and that is my go-to cooker. Ribs are the specialty but I’m trying to branch out. I also just picked up a Webber performer charcoal grill used for a steal because I have been wanting to learn to use and smoke on one. I spent yesterday doing empty cooks just to learn temps and control. I’m currently smoking a pork loin on it as my first cook.

I am hoping to add two more cookers soon. The first being a green egg (or similar) when I can find a sweet used one for a deal. The second is a pellet grill/smoker for when I want to do larger cooks or can’t babysit it as much. I could use some help here. I’m really liking the Rec Tec 700 but can not find many reviews on it or realistic comparisons to other pellet grills. I want to make sure I buy quality that will last but don’t want to way overpay if it’s not needed. Any help/info is appreciated.

Thanks for reading all of this and any responses/messages anyone cares to send along.

Stay safe and happy smoking!

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
    Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Well after readin’ what you have and what you want to do is kinda rendundant I think
      U have a PBC and it is an outstanding smoker and you have a Weber performer,,,,good set up
      best of both worlds,,,,I think ur good unless ur goin BIG

Comment

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

Hey Grey nice to have you in the pit with us from Florida. I am sure we are on our way to becoming great with the amount of information in this site. Looking forward to trying some of the techniques given to us here.

Comment

Welcome from the California Delta. You seem to have most of the bases covered. The RecTec is a good brand but I'm parcel to Yoder. RecTec, Yoder or Trager won't lead you wrong. People are very loyal to which ever they own.

Comment

• Jdpetey82
              Jdpetey82 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you. I’ve found what you say to be very true. In speaking with a few owners it seems the Rec Tec is ahead of the Traeger in build and options as well as price. It’s a bit more affordable than the Yoder. I’ve only spoken with one Yoder owner and he couldn’t say enough good about it

Welcome from the mountains of NC

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas! I cook on a Large Big Green Egg and have cooked 40# of Boston Butt wi a second grate, so it can handle a pretty large without baby sitting it

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. A Slow N Sear will take your kettle up a huge notch.

Comment

• Jdpetey82
                  Jdpetey82 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank you, looking that up now

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from south Texas! We’re glad you’re here! As far as pellet grills go, my experience with the Yoder YS640 has been stellar. Very reliable once you learn it and learn to trust it.

Comment

Welcome from Minnesota--enjoy The Pit!

Comment

Welcome! Glad you went ahead and pulled the trigger! Around here we like grilling our chops, not busting yours. If there is any such thing as a silly question I figure I have already cornered the market. So you go right ahead and ask anything you want, we're all friendly. Looking forward to seeing what you're cooking!

Comment

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club!

Since you’re new, and if you haven't already done so, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:

Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. It’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, you can change it by simply visitinghttps://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php

Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Great Giveaway Monthly Sweepstakes winner, which is open to all paying USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thanks for joining!

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here