Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What’s up from Detroit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from Winnipeg. Enjoy the cooking.

Comment

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! Go Wheat Kings!

Welcome to the Pit from the California Delta. So it begins.......where will it end?

Comment

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I’m guessing it will end with a bypass or 2 and about 30lbs.

• ofelles
      ofelles commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL more like 50 lbs.

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man! Colorado.... home of Five Iron Frenzy

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks man. I have never even taken time to realize there was a western Mass. lol. Go Bruins!

A WSM ,,,,,,first in on a yet to be established colllection !!!!!
    MCS can be manageable !!!!
    Enjoy the ride

Comment

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      Whats is "MCS?" Im guessing a kind of smoker?

• ssandy_561
      ssandy_561 commented
      Editing a comment
      MCS - More Cooker Syndrome.

You just can’t have one. 👍🏼

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      Ahhhhhh! Haha. Like tattoos.

Welcome from the mountains of NC You will get some great meat from the WSM. Do not get frustrated if the first few cooks don't turn out perfect. It takes practice an a new smoker to consistently put out good meat.

I also recommend that you keep a diary of your cooks. Weather, charcoal used to start with and added, wood flavors added, water pan fillings, meat used, how it came out, temp of smoker.

Make sure you get an instant read thermometer. Eventually you will want one like the Maverick ET72 or Smoke that you can leave in the smoker to read the temp of the meat and smoker.
    Last edited by mountainsmoker; August 4, 2019, 01:50 PM.

Comment

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      Dude, fantastic tip! I was thinking about that last night but didn’t think about 80% of those categories. My man.

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas!

Comment

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks brother! Charter member? You are an OG! Nice to meet you.

Welcome from the thumb area of Mi.

Comment

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      Any where near Marlette?

• Steve74
      Steve74 commented
      Editing a comment
      Just South about 25 minutes of Marlett

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      I have cousins in Marlette. When people say "in the thumb," thats what I think of.

"...bald, ugly..."

Well, I'm a guy, so I sure ain't gonna tell you you're good looking!

Oh, by the way--WELCOME! Enjoy the Pit!

Comment

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      It’s 2019 you can, it’s allowed. Haha. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to The Pitmaster Club from a fellow MI native about 2.5 hrs NW of you. Thanks for your support!

Since you’re new here, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can check the email we have on file for you by clicking your username in the top-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab. You currently cannot change your email on file with us yourself since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor if you’re a paying member. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you, just click here to fill out an email change request.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important so you can receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly "Great Giveaway" Monthly Sweepstakes winner, which is open to all USA members. (Paid members get automatic monthly entry, whereas Free Trial members or general public must enter manually.) We’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks so much! This seems like a great community.

Welcome from Virginia and another bald guy!

Comment

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      Bald and beautiful UNITE!

Welcome to the pit from Colorado. The 18.5 WSM was my first smoker as well. And I am one of the homebrew nerds on here as well LOL. Looking forward to your contributions.

Comment

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      When it comes to homebrews, I always think "why bother I know what I like and I can just buy it." Now with cooking I have grilled, baked, fried, all that for years, always watching dudes smoking meats and thinking that would be great but it seems like you really gotta know your stuff. I turned 40, had a midlife crisis by buying a record player and a smoker!

Howdy from Texas.

Comment

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      texastweeter When I was in 2nd grade (1985-86) my dad told me to never give one dime or one minute of my time to that team because they will always let you down. So, it was at that point I became a Bears fan, due to their popularity at the time. So every year, around this time, I love hearing the buzz of optimism about this being the Lions year....lol. I LOVE IT! Then, like clockwork, around week 5 the entire city is calling for the head of the coach, the GM, Stafford, etc.... Hahaha.

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      Dumpster fire

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I read that the game was pretty close but NE pulled it out right at the end......lol.

Welcome from TN, homey! I grew up in Detroit. I have had a 18.5 wsm for the last 15 years or so - they are great cookers.

Comment

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the D. I was a cop on the Eastside. Loved it. Amazing people and FANTASTIC food!

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep - doesn't matter where I am living, the D is always home.

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      Tennessee is great too! I lve only been to Nashville and Memphis. Im sure I'm missing a ton of cool little town in between with some great food and great people as well.

Welcome to The Pitmaster Club! It is great to have you! Thank you for the support.

Comment

• joeyerke
      joeyerke commented
      Editing a comment
      It's nice to see a community that isnt being trolled or talking politics. Just give me people that love cooking and I'm happy.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here