Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Jim in York, PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Jim in York, PA

Howdy All,
    I just joined the PitMaster's Club. I've lurked and posted a few times on the forums and when I ran across this club, it was a no-brainer to join and help give back.
    About me: I've been grilling (on propane) for 20 years, but got a Kamado Joe for Father's day a few years back and since I love to cook, I thought I would try my hand at smoking things. I have 3 growing boys and thanks to the KJ and sites like this, I now have a whole family (5 of us) of BBQ lovers. Pulled Pork, Brisket, Chicken, Ribs... etc. I've started receiving requests from friends and extended family to provide pulled pork and other goodies for their gatherings. I also really like to cook up a big batch of pulled pork and bring it to work to feed folks here - usually as a surprise. Amazing how much good will you can generate with $30 worth of pork shoulder!
    I travel a good bit for work, so I sometimes get a chance to sample local BBQ-type fare. I've been to about half of the states, plus the UK and India. I've had some amazing food, and some... not so amazing food.
    Looking forward to continuing to expand my horizons in the BBQ and grilling world.

-Jim

Hey, a local

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
      Hey, a local
      Are you in the York area Keith? By the way, great ink in your Avatar.

Comment

Hey Jim. WELCOME to the pit

Comment

Great to have you here Jim from PA! I once knew of someone who in West Philadelphia was born & raised, and on a playground spent most of his days....but that was some time ago...

Great job filling out your sig! Look forward to hearing more about your PP cooks. I wish I worked in your office!

Comment

Welcome Jim! We'd love to get some restaurant reviews from you in the BBQ Restaurant Roundup channel!

Comment

Originally posted by Aaron 'Huskee' Lyons View Post
              Great to have you here Jim from PA! I once knew of someone who in West Philadelphia was born & raised, and on a playground spent most of his days....but that was some time ago...

Great job filling out your sig! Look forward to hearing more about your PP cooks. I wish I worked in your office!
              Thanks - I think I know that guy. Last I heard he moved out west somewhere...Bel Air maybe?

Love this site - I'm an IT guy by trade but I love to cook, so the whole science/technology + meat and smoke thing really speaks to me.

Comment

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, that's the guy!

We have a TON of IT/software guys here. There must be some sort of connection with computers and BBQ. I have yet to meet another healthcare worker, I guess I'm in the minority...

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
              Welcome Jim! We'd love to get some restaurant reviews from you in the BBQ Restaurant Roundup channel!
              Sounds like a great excuse. Sorry guys, I have to leave the office now. I'm doing a review on a BBQ joint here in town and I have to get there before my flight home!

Comment

Eeyup, I am

Comment

Welcome Jim! Safe travels!

Comment

Welcome Jim!

Comment

Hi Jim, welcome! I lived in Abington between 2007-2010. Love me some PA!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here