Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introduction: Hello from Tennessee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Introduction: Hello from Tennessee

Hi all, I am an amateur grill and smoke enthusiast near Nashville, TN (Franklin). Had a low cost gas smoker that is dying and an old but still functional Weber gas grill - looking to get rid of both and get one unit - any recommendations? I would consider around $1000 to be a top limit unless there is a major compelling reason. Thanks for the help!

Welcome from Houston!!! Looks like you’ve been with us here in The Pit for awhile, glad you made an introduction!!!

To your question about cookers, what type of fuel do you think you would prefer? Looks like you’ve been running gassers. Are you looking to stay in that realm? Personally, I have a Weber Genesis gasser, a Kettle, and an old Oklahoma Joe offset stick burner. I love all 3 cookers and each has their place and use.

I’m sure several other Pit Member will chime in here shortly with solid recommendations for you. Fuel will be one of the biggest determining factors for you though, I think.

Comment

Welcome from Neptune Beach, FL! What type of fuel do you want your new cooker to use? RickyBobby is right, that's the central question. Either way, you should get a PBC, lol.

Comment

• RickyBobby
        RickyBobby commented
        Editing a comment
        I’ve had my sights set squarely on a PBC to add to the stable for a long time now...... and then I read Jerod Broussard ‘s review of that OK Joe Bronco......... now I have a decision to make. Lol!

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
        Glad yer here now, to learn along with me!

I'm sure ya'll git plenty of suggestion as to how to spend yer budget...I'll bide my time, a spell, but haveta drop th hint that a Weber kettle is a purty versatile mochine, an certainly affordable, especial if ya find one on Craigslist, or such...

Comment

Welcome to the pit from the California Delta

Comment

Welcome from Colorado ...

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Welcome from the mountain of NC. As to your question if you do more smoking than grilling take a look at the newly reviewed Oklahoma Joe pit barrel smoker. It is a high quality piece of equipment. If you grill more the PK360 would be the one to look at. It can be set up in two zones to smoke very easily to smoke. Coals on one side meat on the other.

Well those are my thoughts. I will pull the right ups over here for you.

https://amazingribs.com/grill-smoker...-smoker-review

PK360 takes all the great elements of the classic 1952 PK, improves the design, beefs up construction and delivers one beautiful charcoal grill. We tested and reviewed this classic, versatile charcoal grill and gave it our Best Value AmazingRibs.com Platinum Medal. The rectangular shape makes it a 2-zone king.

Last edited by mountainsmoker; July 28, 2019, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Greetings from Rickman, almost right down the road, lol!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

In order to give you good advice, it would help if we knew a few things:

Budget - ya got that.
                    What do you want to cook?
                    How many people do you want to be able to cook for?
                    How much time do you want to spend tending a cook? (This can be almost set and forget to tending every 30 min or so.)
                    Do you have a preferred fuel - gas, charcoal, pellets, wood, or a combo - meaning one cooker that can use different fuels.

Answer these questions and we can give you better guidance on the right cooker for you.

Comment

• Thunder77
                      Thunder77 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Oops. Didn't see your comment. Just asked almost exactly what you asked.

• RonB
                      RonB commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thunder77 - been there, done that...

Welcome from Baltimore, MD! A few questions;
                    Do you want charcoal or gas or pellet?
                    How many people do you usually cook for?
                    Do you want a single grill or more than one?
                    Do you like to grill more, or smoke more?

Comment

Welcome from Maryland. If you can answer some of the questions asked above you will get lots of suggestions on various options. Good luck with whichever path you decide to take.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from
                        Dallas!

Comment

Welcome from South Louisiana!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here