Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bringing It Back From Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bringing It Back From Mexico

Howdy, thought I'd introduce you to the new and improved, and of course laid back and astute (that's a book learnin' term), Pit member from the Republic of Texallance !!!

Here lies the species called the Troutman in his normal reclined, native position. Had a young Mexican lad on scholarship down in old Puerto Vallarta, had him bring me one bourbon, one scotch and one beer every hour on the hour.....

Click image for larger version  Name:	me in PV.jpg Views:	1 Size:	763.7 KB ID:	719780

Gotta a little poem to commemorate the occasion for all my Pit friends (actually it's by JJ Cale but what the hell).

Saturday, past September
    In the jailhouse, I remember
    I got caught with too much soul
    Bringing it back from Mexico

Spanish lights and pretty faces
    Trip you out to where the place is
    Load you up and let you go

Across the border is where you get her
    The wine's good, there ain't no better
    I think I'll get me some to go

Any more laid back and you'd be unconscious. Nice pic!

Comment

• Potkettleblack
      Potkettleblack commented
      Editing a comment
      Laid back like a dead fly.

Is that a citizen watch on yer wrist Troutman ?
    Thanks for the poem btw..

Comment

• Troutman
      Troutman commented
      Editing a comment
      Omega Seamaster Titanium

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Roger that Troutman , that watch looked just like mine..

• texastweeter
      texastweeter commented
      Editing a comment
      @Troutmam another seamaster club member, nice to meet you. Good taste.

That's the way to relax.

Comment

I think your exerting yourself too much in the photo. Clearly your burning calories holding your arm up and your eyes are working too hard. Shut your eyes, put your arm down and snooze. Only burn calories eating, drinking, or fishing.

Comment

#winning

Comment

check out the legs on that! Wooohooo! Hubbahubba

Comment

Is that some kind of new fancy thermometer in your hand? Doing some black ops testing for AR.com, outside US jurisdiction?

Looks like you know how to chillax, good to see!

Comment

Earlier today it was "etymology" and now it's "astute"! Going to have to leave my dictionary next to my computer monitor just so I can read the posts around here.

Looks awesome though!

Comment

Would you actually relax for once? That forced photo. You look angry at your book

Comment

Looks like an awesome time - though my head is trying to add accordions to "One bourbon, one scotch, one beer" to make it Mex-i-fied, and that just isn't working.

Comment

• Murdy
                  Murdy commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Funny you should say that. My Grandfather plaid the accordion; he was Czech. He owned a record player and had 2 kinds of albums, Polkas and Mariachi music.

Yer doin better than I can. Can’t read a tablet in the sun & attempt it a lot. Can’t wait for winter when it’s overcast most of the time.

Comment

Good work if you can get it....I plan to emulate your position in Jamaica in Dec.
                  I don't read on vacations, makes you gotta think....and I'm outta practice thinkin....

Comment

I was going to post something silly------but after looking at your picture I'm just toooo tired and relaxed. zzzzzzz!

Comment

Probably the most honest add for Under Armor that I have ever seen !!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here