Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Nipomo California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome from TN. It is funny, as I approach retirement, I actually look forward to getting older. That is messed up.

Comment

• pbhenry
      pbhenry commented
      Editing a comment
      If you're looking for a quiet life, forget it! I've been crazy-busier since I "retired". That's why I'm cheating and buying a pellet smoker -- to save time and the hassle of coals. We'll see how that goes. Ha.
      Last edited by pbhenry; July 10, 2019, 10:14 AM.

• klflowers
      klflowers commented
      Editing a comment
      pbhenry, maybe not quiet, but I am looking forward to the end of trying to stay awake during endless meetings...

Welcome to The Pit from Madison, WI

Comment

• pbhenry
      pbhenry commented
      Editing a comment
      ​​​​​​​Thanks!

Greetings from South Africa

Comment

• pbhenry
      pbhenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! (prize for most distant shout-out)

• holehogg
      holehogg commented
      Editing a comment
      New smoker on its way to me I believe☺ pbhenry

Welcome to the Pit from a northern neighbor on the Sacramento river Delta. A number of years ago we would go down to Moro Bay quite often it is beautiful there. Almost moved there.
    Enjoy the pellet grill, love mine. I have a new grill coming next week also, excited.

Comment

• pbhenry
      pbhenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome. Yes, we're very lucky to live in this area - so much to do and see, and it's easy to entertain visiting guests from out of town.

BTW, I'm an airplane nut, and a petrol-head. Does my new BBQ mean I'm a pellet-head too? Just askin....

Huntington Beach welcomes you sir!

Comment

• pbhenry
      pbhenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Being of the team who provides such informative resources, welcome, eat good and have fun!

Comment

• pbhenry
      pbhenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Greetings from Pittsburgh!

Comment

• pbhenry
      pbhenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks!

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! Thanks for joining up!

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
    • Check your email, go to User settings then the account tab.You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. Please visit this link: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php
    • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly "Great Giveaway" Monthly Sweepstakes winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!
    • Finally, we would LOVE to hear from you! Please check out our Pit Cast. You can have a chat with Greg Rempe, from the BBQ Central Show! Not to worry, he makes things easy! This is a great way for our community to meet our new members on a more personal level! Check out all the Pit Casts here!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

Welcome aboard! My son worked for Shea homes at Monarch Dunes in the real estate sales.

Comment

• pbhenry
        pbhenry commented
        Editing a comment
        We live just across the road in Blacklake. Similar to Trilogy, older, not as fancy, but we love the area.

• wrgilb
        wrgilb commented
        Editing a comment
        Wish we hadn't sold my sons house at Trilogy down there when he moved back up our way. Hope to find another place there in the future.

We picked this up for our church recently. It was made just down the road from you in Santa Maria, by Santa Maria BBQ Outfitters. Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 7-11-19 at 5.14 AM.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	133.2 KB
ID:	711536

Comment

• pbhenry
        pbhenry commented
        Editing a comment
        This is very similar to my VFW post grill, although ours has a lot of miles on it, Do you use red oak? We're finding that it's getting very expensive.

• wrgilb
        wrgilb commented
        Editing a comment
        I use red oak in my BGE at home for beef. For the SM rig we use the live oak that we get in our area around the Santa Cruz mountains

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here