Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Nipomo California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Nipomo California

Hello all. My name is Phil and I live on the beautiful central coast of California. Here, the traditional BBQ uses the Santa Maria style grills and rub, with tri-tip being the meat of choice.

I've been lurking on this site for several years and have been fascinated with the meat science articles. Who'd have thought?

For way too many years (I'm of, shall we say, retirement age) my BBQ game always varied - sometimes great, but more often than not, mediocre.

But a while back, there was an Amazing Ribs review of the Thermoworks temperature probes and I bought two; one stay-in-meat, and the other instant read. From that day on, my game started to improve.

Long overdue, I've decided to join the Pitmaster Club if, for nothing else, to recognize and support Meathead and the team of experts who provide such an informative resource.

I've just bought (delivery on Friday) a Camp Chef SmokePro DLX Pellet Grill with sear box and I'm planning on getting good use from the information and tutorials on this site to make the best of my purchase. We have a bunch of visitors coming over the next couple of months, and I want them to enjoy some awesome, tasty BBQ.

Cheers from Nipomo.
    Attached Files

Welcome to the Pit from your southern neighbor in Huntington Beach!

I love Jocko's!!!!

Comment

• pbhenry
      pbhenry commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL.

Most people who know about Nipomo, only know about it because of Jocko's...

Thanks for the welcome!

Welcome from the mountains of NC

Comment

• pbhenry
      pbhenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Quite a few years back I spent some time travelling to Raleigh-Durham for business in the RTP.

That's where I first tasted Lexington style BBQ. Wow, what a treat that was!

Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome from Maryland

Comment

• pbhenry
      pbhenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Pit beef, horseradish sauce and a side of crab.

Yum!

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Welcome form Spokane Valley, Wa.

Comment

• pbhenry
        pbhenry commented
        Editing a comment
        ​​​​​​​Thanks!

Welcome from Massachusetts!!

Comment

• pbhenry
        pbhenry commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

• pbhenry
        pbhenry commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Welcome from Colorado, Phil ...

Comment

• pbhenry
        pbhenry commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I lived in Parker for a few years in the 80's and enjoyed Countyline BBQ. I wonder if it's still any good.

• MBMorgan
        MBMorgan commented
        Editing a comment
        pbhenry - I checked online and can't find any reference to a Countyline BBQ in the local area. Perhaps it's gone ...

Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!
      Glad yer here, to learn along with me!

Comment

• pbhenry
        pbhenry commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Welcome from Winnipeg. That Santa Maria grill looks pretty cool and will make a great companion to your new pellet grill.

Comment

• pbhenry
        pbhenry commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! I don't have a Santa Maria style grill, but am a member of the local VFW which has one. We use it a lot for fund raising and our tri-tip sandwiches always get sold out. We use red oak, but it's getting very expensive.

Welcome to The Pit Phil.

Comment

• pbhenry
        pbhenry commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Welcome, glad to meet ya!

Comment

• pbhenry
        pbhenry commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks! Pleasure is mine. Is that an HS.125 by any chance?

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        HS.125 was an older model but yes pretty much the same thing turned into Hawker 800XP with upgraded avionics and engines. I have maintained these as well as other type corporate aircraft for the last 40 years. Looking forward to joining the retired ranks.

Welcome to the Pit from a guy of retirement age in Dallas, Texas!

Comment

• pbhenry
        pbhenry commented
        Editing a comment
        LOL. Thanks! Us retired guys gotta hang together. ​​​​​​​

Welcome from Wilson County, Texas!

Comment

• pbhenry
        pbhenry commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks!

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here